Cultivated Reef

Tank at work

JF2381

This is a saltwater tank that was built in the HUMC's Women and Children hospital. It is about 8 month old give or take a month or two. It's mostly has fish in it with a few softies. The overflows are the pillars in the center.

Sorry for the crappy pictures the place is a restaurant and the lights are very dim. I didn't want to use flash because people were having breakfast. The lights on the last section of the tank is off because it seems that they light each section at a different time.

6_P1235958_1.jpg

6_P1235962_1.jpg

6_P1235959_1.jpg

6_P1235960_1.jpg

My company's moving in the next few months and several of us are lobbying for tank in the new reception area. In the meantime the only tanks at work are the one's that we keep in our own offices. Here's mine :D

FTS-January2007.jpg

Here are my work tanks. Both are really new though, so they're not terribly exciting. Well, the 40B is because of all of the equipment I've got running on it. I didn't post that here though because I figured that most people didn't want another 40B thread. :)

I've got close to 5000 page hits on RC though. ;)

fts_012207.jpg

And this is a little 11" cube jobber that I got from Creative Concepts here...

cube1.jpg

chrisstankevitz
My company's moving in the next few months and several of us are lobbying for tank in the new reception area. In the meantime the only tanks at work are the one's that we keep in our own offices. Here's mine :D

FTS-January2007.jpg

How long has that tank been running? What kind of tank/lighting? Looks great!

Chris

Depending on those windows being tinted/mirrored, I would think those tanks would get some crazy algae on them! Very cool tank though. Is it curved or is the picture playing tricks with my eyes?

Off topic: junkitu, great looking tank. You got my vote over on RC.

Mel

The tank is curved and the glass does have a tint to it.

Since the tank has been running I saw algea on the glass once. that was at 7:00 am and by 8am someone had cleaned it.

Nice tanks guys.

I had a 2.5g on my desk. Since they setup that tank I have become addicted to coffee because I run over every chance I get with the excuse that i'm getting coffee. :D

How long has that tank been running? What kind of tank/lighting? Looks great!

Chris

Thanks Chris! It's an 24G Aquapod with 80W PC lighting. It's my first saltwater tank and has been up for almost 9 months. You can click on the link in my signature to read my thread and see more pics.

Off topic: junkitu, great looking tank. You got my vote over on RC.

Mel

Thanks Mel! I really appreciate it. It's a fun contest . The tank from Taiwan has cut my lead in half in just a couple days. He keeps posting more pics so I've done the same to try and keep it fair. Wish me luck.fingerscrossed

Nice, I was at HUMC as a vendor once.. I walked by that tank the day they were putting the live rock into the system.. that was about a year ago if I recall.

I had a small moral dillema, go and look at computer issues with the IT staff.. or sneak my way into the room with the tank and hide there.

Looks great

chrisstankevitz
Hey, chrisstankevitz

Could you post a list of your live stock? THX

The tank in my message belongs to junkitu, not me. :)

Archived