Cultivated Reef

as a replacement?

Riona

Well, I've got that little tank with the tulip/majano in it that has been set up for a while, but the anemone doesn't seem happy there. He'll move in or out of the light randomly, and is just not acting "happy" I posed a question on another forum about 'what would be a good thing for that tank?' and was told a rock flower anemone(caribbean waters, euciptis crucifer, sp???) would be a good replacement with a couple of sexy shrimp. Now the sexy shrimp I could see, but the anemone???

To recap: 2 gal "tank" 9X6X6.5"(I think. pretty close otherwise) with a stingray filter(completely foam covered intake, moves 38GPH) and a reptile light with a 10 watt pc bulb. I think part of the "problem" may be that the light doesn't have a reflector(shouldn't be too hard to add. Could probably use foil? It stays cool.). I've got less than 1" of sand in there, a few pods, and about 1/2 LB of LR(not sure entirely how much, not a lot though) and a sprig of caulerpa.

I was really looking into something small I could keep(aka some sort of zoas that would spread, or shrooms, or something else small-ish. Maybe a low growing leather. . .) and was told the anemone/shrimp thing would be great for it. I Adore that sort of anemone, and have always wanted to keep one, but would it really be a good choice in there? If now, and I'm assuming not, what would be a good replacement(perferably with the shrimp ;))

Archived