Innovative Marine Aquariums

Could these be some sort of slug (pics inside)?

sandsrfr

I'm pretty sure these little guys hitchhiked on one of my new zoos frags.

3 of them showed up this morning (2 on the glass and one one the frag of zoos/down in the rock). I also notice what looked like 2 spiral shaped things near these guys (maybe pods of eggs).

The white pod looking things (which more or less looked like a spiral strand of little eggs) didn't last long as my 2 black percs always go on their morning hunting expidition (for lost pods) and scarfed these off the glass (they nipped at these little slug looking guys, but didn't go more than one or 2 bites at em).

I tried my best to get decent macro shots of these, but these guys are only about 1/8" long and this canon G2 doesn't do that well on macros...

Some of the charecteristics I noticed were: something that looks like a slugs mucas trail behind it (but not being left behind), 2 sets of tentacels (one forward and another that resemble horns towards the back of what might be considered the head), no shell, and what looks like lots of other tentacles of the body (these are thicker/fater and tend to hang back sorta like a 'hairy coat' - sorry I can't think of a better description).

Ok, now for the pictures:

WhatISthis.jpg

It is some kind of nudibranch. If they start to eat your corals pull them out. As for what kind of nudi maybe someone else has a clue

They definately take to the zoos. Last night the 2 that were wandering on the glass both found their way right back to the zoo frag I spotted the other on.

I watched them with a flash light for quite some time and they all seemed to be moving about the stalks of the zoos. Even passing over the heads and never seeming to leave any visual sign of damage.

I'm assuming they are scavanging for something?

These are the best shots I could get at night with a flashlight overhead. Any ideas on a firm ID? Thanks

WhatISthis3.jpg

Thx Kennerd,

The peps over at reefcentral tipped me off to seaslugforum.net. I've already started on my 'endless' search thru all of the pics they have there (wow... its gonna take awhile)..

Jason

Archived