inTank Media Baskets

auto feed system

RJ

I have a 20 gal, doing great..with an anemone (long tentacle-small one) a clown (they are very bonded), blue damsel and a tiny panther puffer.  I make sure the lights come on and off at a certain time (on a timer) I feed them at the exact time each day a small portion of "rotating".... brine shrimp, marine cusine, blood worms, omega one, and formula one and invert food..  We are leaving for a long weekend and I can feed them on Wenesday before leaving and on Sunday when I return.  We just moved and I really am not sure of who to feed them.  Can they go everyother day on food?  Is there an auto feeder of some sort?? Suggestions welcome

My male Bangaii Cardinal goes for 25 days without eating, he eats for five days then 25 more days of not eating. He has done this for five batches of babies now and still dosen't look skinny hes active and appears happy. I have come to the realization that our fish don't need food as often as we think. I wouldn't worry about going without food for even two weeks if they are fat and happy now much less a few days.

HTH,

Toy

Agreed. Reef tanks aren't just about looking pretty. They play a vital role in providing for the small reef fish's diet, perhaps more so than we do. I feed my fish twice weekly and have noticed no improved results when I stepped this up from once weekly. Furthermore I never arrange feedings while vacationing (which is about a week's time).

I went away for 10 days last month (St. Barth's - highly recommend it) and fed my tank before I left and the day after I came home.  The only problem I had was evaporation (not much since it wasn't africa hot here like it is now).  Don't be concerned with food, worry more about what your fish will do while you are away.  Mine throw keggers and invite all the pets from the building.  I know they do this because whenever I come home yellow submarine is on the stereo and all my furniture has been moved around.

Archived