Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need advice. Great skimmer, in sump, quiet, and for a 62 total water volume

NanoReefer411

NanoReefer411

Hello everyone,

I need a very good in sump skimmer. I have the Remora pro right now, hanging on the back of my sump. I need an in sump skimmer. I will need this to be a great skimmer. I have a total water volume of 62 gallons. I have a 40 breeder display, and a 22 gallon sump/refugium. Home to clams, some sps, and many lps. I need nutrient export pretty high. The remora is hardly getting anything. Let me know. Thank you all. I've heard Deltec skimmers. Want other people's thoughts.

i would go with a precision marine bullet 1 skimmer, i have it and it is a beast at pulling out any skimate from the tank, the tank will have a fresh water change and no food that day and it still pulls out crap

NanoReefer411

Lgreen, what did that mean? =) Matty Ice, where do you get those? How much are they? I really would like a great skimmer. Is it quiet? I've heard of the Corallife, but I think I'd like something even a step up from that. Something made for in sump applications it at all possible. I've heard Deltec are great skimmers. I've also heard Aqua C EV. Hmm.....Just not sure.

it is a beckett bullet injected...in sump protein skimmer, 20" tall and needs to be fed by a sedra 9000 pump or equivalent, really i would pick up the skimmer and the extra waste collector in the "factory Seconds" section on their website, you usually save about 100-200 bucks just because some of them have blemishes, it really is a great skimmer, uses however much wattage a sedra 9000 or equivalent uses, i think its deffinately efficient for its size and in a 40G breeder what you might think will be over kill this thing can control any bioload in that tank easily, i have mine to skim extremely wet in my QT tank right now and its still pulling out a ton of junk and that alone cleared out my water to crystal clear

NanoReefer411

Hey Matty, how many watts does the Sendra 900 use? I was trying to figure that out, but it doesn't say on marine depot. Also, how loud is this baby? It sounds like a great skimmer. I'm not worried about overkill. =) You can never overskim. So the better the skimmer, the better the corals and fish. I'd just like to know how much more power this thing eats up. Thank you.

NanoReefer411
:D Anyone else? I'd really appreciate your help. So far I like the way the Precision Marine Sounds and the quality it looks like it has. How would you all compare the Bullet to the Euro Reef? Bullet def. looks like it would do more damage to the waste. Looks like a mini monster. =) The Euroreef looks a little cheap so I don't know if this would effect it's performance, or if I have it wrong. Let me know. Thank you all so much. this really helps me a ton. =)

I am a huge fan of ASM's. I think a G1-x or a G-2 would be perfect. Not expensive but comes with a quality pump and is great maintanance wise (very easy to clean).

I have a deltec mc500 that I'm going to be selling in the next month. It's a great skimmer but I'm upgrading to 160g system so it needs to go. PM me if you're interested.

I use a Euroreef CS100 in sump for a 125G tank and it pulls out some major dark green gunk. It works great as long as you have an ATO to maintain water level in the sump.

No one has mentioned Reef Octopus skimmers? There's a BIG thread over on RC about them. The concensus seems to be that they do just as good a job as other skimmers (Euro-Reef, etc) for a lot less money. I just bought an NW-150 for my 40 breeder (maybe a bit overkill). I can't comment on it's productivity yet since it's still breaking in, but it's packed with tiny bubbles.

Archived