inTank Media Baskets

What killed my peppermint?

SaltyVT

I woke up this morning and my peppy shrimp was down. It was laying next to my candy cane looking paralyzed. I went to poke it and it shot away. It still remained on its side not moving. I came back from work and it was just as bad so i have to end it so it wouldn't suffer any more. So what could have done this????? was it the stray sweeper tentacle from the candy???

Was it just molting? If it moved it wasn't paralyzed. Sometimes it is good just to leave them alone. I have one in my main tank now I have not seen since December. May be gone but usually I see him about once every 4 months. Not the most interesting of inverts but at least he leaves his molted shell for me to see he is there.

Hey now.................by the time I got home it had been ten hours. I have seen it molt many time before. I do my usual weekly water changes. i thought too it was molting, but it seemed different. When I got home it wasn't moving or anything. ity was stuck against the intake not moved all day. i won't go into detail on the "deed" but as painless as possible. :(

mandarin dragonet

YOU PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP! NOT CALL THE GUY THE GRIM REAPER!

it was probably catching things from the filter or maybe it was molting but i don't know.

Archived