Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

oyster and barnacle hitch hikers

72xMulch

There are tons of oyster and barnacles on the 19 pounds of live rock i bought yesterday. they lfs said it was precured but it is kinda smelly so i doubt it. but yeah, how do i keep these guys happy alive? i want to keep them around....

Some will probably die off during your tanks cycle despite that the LFS said that it was "precured". Those that survive will be low maintenance. You could supplement their diet with DT's phytoplankton or something similar but it is not really necessary and just adds nutrients to your tank. Once a week gently turnover the top portion of your substrate. The resulting detritus is full of microscopic organisms that your molluscs will feed on.

mandarin dragonet

put a small grain of sand into their body (fleshy part) the way they try to remove it is by coating it with a substance that removes the ich from the sand (the pearl). if you cracked open a pearl, you would have 1 grain of sand :P

this process takes ages, and the oyster i presume would die.

put a small grain of sand into their body (fleshy part) the way they try to remove it is by coating it with a substance that removes the ich from the sand (the pearl). if you cracked open a pearl, you would have 1 grain of sand :P

this process takes ages, and the oyster i presume would die.

maybee these guys can help me out

walrus.jpg

Archived