inTank Media Baskets

Got a BTA

gkimble

I got a really nice purple tip BTA. It is beautifull, it is green and purple. I also have a pair of black and white clowns. They havn't hosted in it yet. Should I geive them more time? If not I might sell them and geta maroon clown. They seem to host realtively easily. The clowns are not full grown yet, so I don't know if that matters. I know this sounds kinda lame, But I am fascinated with clowns and anemones. I really want a clown and a anemone to pair up.

A. Ocellaris does not host E. Quardricolor in the wild. They will be just as likely to host your powerhead as your anemone, if they ever host anything at all. Tank raised specimens, as 99.9% of black and white's in the hobby are, will be even less likely.

Maroons are naturally found with BTA's, so they are hard to resist in your tank if nothing else is available.

so you think if I traded my black and whites for a maron pair. I will be upgrading to a 40 Breeder in like 3 monthes. That would be a good deal????

Only for the sake of symbiosis. Those black and whites are much prettier than maroons. But, the relationship will make you happy and a 40g sounds great. :)

Give it a little more time. IMO you will be happier with what you have now than with a maroon. Maroons grow large, eat like pigs and become very territorial. On the other hand you have a much greater chance of symbiotic pairing with a maroon & a BTA.

hahah nah they are worth like $40 bucks a pop. But yeah I don't think I have to worry about it anyway. My anemone is all closed up and shrunk but some of the tenticles are haning out, and they still have their color. Is this normal. Or is it dying???????

heres some pics og my BTA plus some other pics of my tank. Oh I don't know if it a purple tip anymore. The camera doesn't take the best of pics. It is alot brighter in person.

1919533518.jpg

1919533531.jpg

1919533422.jpg

1919533387.jpg

1919533454.jpg

Archived