inTank Media Baskets

best placement for shrooms?

jdog123

ok i have a frag of red mushrooms and i was wondering what the best placement for them is. its in a 3 gallon pico and i have them on the very bottom in the open right now. it looks like they do better at night and they are bigger, although they dot lay flat. when the light comes on they lay flat but kinda shrivel a little bit. i put htem under a rock now, and they are flat and big, but i want them somewhere i can see them. can anyone suggest a good place to put them whree i could still see them good, and they woudlnt be in too much light. thanks.

Is this a new frag? I think in time, they will adapt to the lighting. Higher flow will also cause them to shrivel a bit. Try to find a spot in the open but where the flow is low, give it a little time and all should be well.

If I place my shrooms in a spot they don't like, they eventually detach themselves and float around the tank until they're happy haha.

well mine havent detached and they are all opening up and getting the biggest they have been since i brought them home so i guess they are happy now. i have them in the front corner of my tank in the very bottom and they seem to be liking it. im goin to get some button polyps now and will put those in and see how they do. thanks for the help guys.

Archived