Innovative Marine Aquariums

7bow

jimmitoman

My tank pales miserably in comparison to yours! I'm so jealous! I see all these packed tanks and I'm worried about sticking my corals too close together. I'll have to do some more reading about compatability I guess, cuz your tank is obviously thriving!

I am a 7bow owner as well and would love to see how your hood looks, i onlyhave the csl 32 watt retro kit on it now but would like more light.

How is the powersweep, i am thinking about getting one. Do you have it set on the lowest position? Does your LPS like a lot of flow?

Thanks!

I'll try and post some pics of the hood tomorrow.

As for the powersweep , I have to clean it every month or so because of calcium buildup. I have it on the middle setting.

The corals are not in direct flow, Thinking about setting it a little higher.

• 4 weeks later...
jimmitoman

Sorry everybody for not responding.

Been pretty busy with school.

Anyway, as for the tank I am in the process of setting up a 5gal sump. I need more water volume.

I was trying to figure out what kind of tubing(plumbing) to use.

So I went to Orchard Supply to look around and luckily found some CPVC pipes.

CPVC are for mobile homes and are the perfect diameter for a nano.

So now I have to find a small but powerful return pump.

Any suggestions?

jimmitoman

scruz:

I dose 1 full teaspoon of reefbuilder(Seachem) every other day and liquid calcium(Kent) every other day. Its been up for about a year.

nanoman:

How much are those?

I love seeing other 7bow people going with a sump. Mine is STILL being drilled! I am doing a 10 gallon fuge. I love your tank. I am using a Maxi-Jet 1200 for my return. I am hoping I dont need a powerhead in the tank too, I think I may be pushing it.

Archived