Top Shelf Aquatics

red head goby

paulbunyen

hey just saw a little fish called a red head goby. i LIked the guy and was wondering if any one knows any thing about the fish. i couldnt find anything on it.

These fish are awesome. Ive been looking for one locally for a month. They stay about 2 in which makes them perfect for nanos. They hop around the reef all day and are pretty animated. The only thing bad I have ever heard of them is that they will sometimes bother a coral they like to perch on, but I havent seen it. How much are they charging for one where you saw it?

And you can find them tank-raised, which is highly recommended. Better for the fish (healthier, more resistant, little stress) and the environment (no poisoning of the reefs with cyanide to catch the poor fish).

Wow, I wish they were $10 here. The LFS here charges $21.99. If you can get one that is tank-raised I would highly recommend it especially at $10.

Unfortunately, it seems like all the TR red head dealers online are out of stock. I wonder if there have been some problems with whoever's been breeding them. If you can find someone who has them, they're typically $15, which is a very fair price for a healthy, tank raised fish.

They have them here in atlanta, down at the fish garden in newnan, but 28 $ a pop, he's got like 4 tankraised ones in stock right now

Archived