Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

[URGENT!] Sixline Attacking my two clownfish that I got today

jcvkang

No matter which sixline you get, you will end up w/ same exact problem soon or later. it's time for UPGRADE if you wanna keep sixline. Get a bigger Nanocube or Aquapod. Sixlines are very active swimmers and the one I had in a 40 breeder roamed through the whole tank.

Come on people, Fish tank are expensive. you can't just keep on upgrading. The first mistake you made is buying that small all in one tank. But it alright, it is your first tank. Just keep the two clowns and trade the wrasse for a small one. If that doesn't work out. just sell the wrasse or give it to someone else. After a year or two, with enough experiences and you still want to keep saltwater fish. Get a huge tank. Don't upgrade to 24 Gallons Nano Cube or biocube or whatever cube. Get a big long standard tank if you decide to upgrade.

Come on people, Fish tank are expensive. you can't just keep on upgrading. The first mistake you made is buying that small all in one tank. But it alright, it is your first tank. Just keep the two clowns and trade the wrasse for a small one. If that doesn't work out. just sell the wrasse or give it to someone else. After a year or two, with enough experiences and you still want to keep saltwater fish. Get a huge tank. Don't upgrade to 24 Gallons Nano Cube or biocube or whatever cube. Get a big long standard tank if you decide to upgrade.

yes, that is what i plan to do. it has been pretty expensive, but rewarding. i plan to learn as much as i can with the current tank that i have and then in the future, i will upgrade to a larger tank.

i've been trying to get the sixline out of my tank, but with no success. i tried the net in the tank with food inside, but the sixline is too smart. even though there is food, he doesn't get close to it.

i think i might need to take out the rocks and take him out that way. that was my last resort, but what can you do. stinkin sixline wrasse. only if you got along with the clowns this woudln't have happened.

Yeah I would just save yourself the time with the net and move the rocks. I had to get my wrasse out when he was sick (he recovered) and even then I had to move my rocks to get him. He's too sneaky and quick.

Hopefully if you get another wrasse you'll have better luck!

Yeah I would just save yourself the time with the net and move the rocks. I had to get my wrasse out when he was sick (he recovered) and even then I had to move my rocks to get him. He's too sneaky and quick.

Hopefully if you get another wrasse you'll have better luck!

I got up this morning and went to check on my fish tank and one of my true percs was pretty much dead. he wasn't moving so i had to flush him down the toilet. i'm pretty upset with my sixline right now.

i had put my two percs in my deco 3.5 gallon tank temporarily until i move my LR and i was going to do this on saturday 1/20/07, but he died before i could do this. now i am hoping my other perc will stay alive until i can move the rocks tomorrow and get that little sucker out of my tank to the LFS for possibly another perc and just have two percs in my main tank until they get adjusted. i might possibly put a sixline later.

man, only if my sixline got a long with his new friends, but since he could not then he gots to go. unfriendly fishes are not welcomed in my tank.

^^ Agreed. Good luck! I caught a damsel with a fish trap, so just take your time, and dont expect to get him on the first try lol.

thanks! it was sad that the poor little perc died. out of precaution i put my other perc in my friends tank temporarily until i take out my sixline which will happen tomorrow.

thanks! it was sad that the poor little perc died. out of precaution i put my other perc in my friends tank temporarily until i take out my sixline which will happen tomorrow.

okay, so here is what happened today. i took out all my LR and got my sixline out. sixlines are pretty good at hiding. i had took out all my rocks and the sixline disappeared. i was looking and looking and i noticed he was at the top upper corner where he nudge himself and was on its side. i totally missed him. anyways, i got him out and took him to the LFS.

when i went to the LFS, they said that they will only pay 40% of the price of the sixline which was $5 whole dollars. i had no choice so i used that to buy an electric blue hermit crab. those suckers are huge. i'm a little worried about that guy because i saw him picking at my frogspawn. i'll be on the lookout for him to make sure he doesn't pick at my corals.

i bought another clownfish since my other one died couple of days ago. now i have two clowns in my tank. looks like they like each.

i came home and redid my aquascape. it looks alright. i'll start another thread later and put up some pictures.

anyways, that is the end of my story of the SIXLINE THAT ATTACKED MY TWO CLOWNFISH.

the bottom line to this story is that never put a sixline in a 14 gallon tank first. you should put other fish first like clowns and then a sixline. i think i am planning to just keep 2 clownfish and not put a sixline.

alright. thanks for all your help!

okay, so here is what happened today. i took out all my LR and got my sixline out. sixlines are pretty good at hiding. i had took out all my rocks and the sixline disappeared. i was looking and looking and i noticed he was at the top upper corner where he nudge himself and was on its side. i totally missed him. anyways, i got him out and took him to the LFS.

when i went to the LFS, they said that they will only pay 40% of the price of the sixline which was $5 whole dollars. i had no choice so i used that to buy an electric blue hermit crab. those suckers are huge. i'm a little worried about that guy because i saw him picking at my frogspawn. i'll be on the lookout for him to make sure he doesn't pick at my corals.

i bought another clownfish since my other one died couple of days ago. now i have two clowns in my tank. looks like they like each.

i came home and redid my aquascape. it looks alright. i'll start another thread later and put up some pictures.

anyways, that is the end of my story of the SIXLINE THAT ATTACKED MY TWO CLOWNFISH.

the bottom line to this story is that never put a sixline in a 14 gallon tank first. you should put other fish first like clowns and then a sixline. i think i am planning to just keep 2 clownfish and not put a sixline.

alright. thanks for all your help!

okay, today the other clownfish died so both my fish died because of my sixline. i think the reason it died was because the sixline had one good shot at it and got my clown pretty good on its side of the face. it left a pretty big gash. he seemed alright for awhile, but it was getting worse and eventually he died. my cleaner shrimp and nassarius was all over it.

anyways, my sixline is gone now and i just need to go and get another pair of clowns and hopefully nothing will kill it.

• 14 years later...
jjmccloud2011
On 1/17/2007 at 11:04 PM, BigByrd said:

if you added the sixline last it would have worked out, the clowns wouldnt have touched him, since you did it the other way around, try re-aquascaping i know people it's worked with, otherwise decide which you like more, and get rid of the other.

Jason

I have a pair of 6month old frostbite clowns in an evo13.5 for 3 months now added a six line wrasse a few days ago about the same size first night it was fine the next day it done fine with clowns all day and was right to work foraging the rockwork. Woke up at 2am to use the bathroom peeked in tank and wrasse was still foraging the rockwork living the dream woke back up at 8am and it was dead laying under the clowns rock they claim 😑 😒  swear to God they killed my wrasse he was super healthy and was in a friend's quarantine for the past 2months and was super healthy and super active. Now I know why my yellow watchman goby mysticaly dies a few weeks before 🤔 my young pair of clowns are serial killers and I guess now have their own tank with no hopes of tank mates cause I'm not giving them a 3rd play toy

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 2:29 PM, jjmccloud2011 said:

I have a pair of 6month old frostbite clowns in an evo13.5 for 3 months now added a six line wrasse a few days ago about the same size first night it was fine the next day it done fine with clowns all day and was right to work foraging the rockwork. Woke up at 2am to use the bathroom peeked in tank and wrasse was still foraging the rockwork living the dream woke back up at 8am and it was dead laying under the clowns rock they claim 😑 😒  swear to God they killed my wrasse he was super healthy and was in a friend's quarantine for the past 2months and was super healthy and super active. Now I know why my yellow watchman goby mysticaly dies a few weeks before 🤔 my young pair of clowns are serial killers and I guess now have their own tank with no hopes of tank mates cause I'm not giving them a 3rd play toy

Sorry you lost the fish. My clowns became extremely territorial and took over a entire 20g of space although they were fine for a few years. They now reside in a 80g where fish easily can just get away. 

• Like 1