Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anemone for black and white clown pair

gkimble

What is a good anemone for a nblack and white clown pair. I want something a little on teh colorfull side. But better chances for a clown to host takes over looks.

I would advise against getting an anemone for your clowns. They have a poor survival rate in aquariums and are just difficult to care for. Have you done any research beforehand as I'm sure you would have already found the answer you are looking for ;)

RBTA are colorful.. There are also carpet anemones but they are really hard to take care of.. Another substitute would be something like a frogspawn or tongue coral. I have two sets of clowns that host in both of those. It wasnt anything I did. I just checked one day and they were hosting.

Im waiting for my true perc to host in my hammer, frogspawn, or tongue! He keeps looking at the hammer, and frogspawn but hasnt started hosting in them yet! But my parents have a pair of orange skunk clowns that host in there fuzzy mushoom's!

i think keeping a BTA is definitely doable. I have a BTA in my 24 AP w/ 64w PCs and it does just fine. it eats regularly and has settled in one spot. once the current bulbs burn out i am going to do the 80w upgrade -but it seems to like the 64w just fine.

BTAs are supposed to be the relatively easier anemones to keep, with sebaes next.

they do produce lots of waste and require you to keep up on your water changes. I do about 10% every week and have a fuge running opposite my light cycle.

i think they're worth the extra work because they're so beautiful to watch...

i think keeping a BTA is definitely doable. I have a BTA in my 24 AP w/ 64w PCs and it does just fine. it eats regularly and has settled in one spot. once the current bulbs burn out i am going to do the 80w upgrade -but it seems to like the 64w just fine.

BTAs are supposed to be the relatively easier anemones to keep, with sebaes next.

they do produce lots of waste and require you to keep up on your water changes. I do about 10% every week and have a fuge running opposite my light cycle.

i think they're worth the extra work because they're so beautiful to watch...

You are right about the BTA's being the easiest anemone to keep, but sebaes are alot harder to keep they are very sensitive! I would have to say that long tentacle is the next easiest anemone.

mandarin dragonet
Im waiting for my true perc to host in my hammer, frogspawn, or tongue! He keeps looking at the hammer, and frogspawn but hasnt started hosting in them yet! But my parents have a pair of orange skunk clowns that host in there fuzzy mushoom's!

like me at the LFS with £30.. :haha:

Archived