Cultivated Reef

Troutman's Nano ..... Again

Troutman

quiksilver5768

Hey, I was just wondering about cucumbers...I heard they can let out toxins?? I really want one but i dont know what kind. What kind of cucumber do you have and are there a big difference between all of them. Ex: feeding requirements, hardiness...etc. Tank looks great!

Dont you Hate Re Upping your website!

Tank looks great. do you have a pic of your hood? I am wondering how to fit a bunch of lights above my mini bow and would like to see your design.

TIA,

Toy

NanoReefer53

egh...i haven't done anything to my website in sooo long. I'll probably do some stuff when I get my 20g set up.

WoW Troutman...you acutally got all that yellow 65k out with actinic bulbs.

quik,

yes, some if not all cukes will release toxins if they die...i guess the trick is to keep em alive...LOL.  i think mine is a black cuke.  or at least i've heard a couple of friends call it one.  i've never done any research to find out...shame on me...LOL.  mine is very small...about 3" long.  no problem feeding them.  they just eat sand.....and digest the ditritus from it and leave little sand turds around the tank.  very good at keeping the substrate nice and white.

delph,

thanks!

toy,

i do have a pic of the interior of the canopy somewhere.  i'll post it on the site when i find it.  the 28w bulbs are just under 13" long and run along the front and back of the canopy....with the 65w being in the center.  there is plenty of room for them.  my canopy is 6" tall.

NR,

the actinics were a real nice compliment to the 6500k....and made a huge diff when i added them.

troutman

Archived