Top Shelf Aquatics

jt10 new jbj 3 gal picotope journal

jt10

post-18430-1168924300_thumb.jpgpost-18430-1168924315_thumb.jpgpost-18430-1168924250_thumb.jpgpost-18430-1168924270_thumb.jpgpost-18430-1168924333_thumb.jpghi guys i have a 3 gal jbj picotope. im new to picoreefs so im taking any advice there is now. my tank is cycling right now, temp is 76-78, saltlinity is 1.022, top off every 3 days, weekly water changes all the basics, it has a 9w 50/50 lighting fixture. well here are some pics of the tank so far, let me know what you think and im taking any advice avaible. this is also going to be a journal so i am going to update it through the process as much as possible. thank you for your time..

well i chose to upgrade my lighting to a 12" usa satalite 1x18 light fixture. I just orderded it so it should be here soon. when i get it I will update the tank with pics. and a question of mine would be is is it going to work well!!!!

I also have one of these little picotopes. They're great aren't they? Just as mentioned earlier, top off every day. I actually top off morning and night. Every 3 days is just too much of a salinity swing and would stress your corals. Oh yeah, your new lighting should work great! It will give you more options when choosing the livestock for your tank. So far so good and keep us posted with your progress!

Info and pics on my Picotope are here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104996

post-18430-1169792285_thumb.jpgpost-18430-1169792302_thumb.jpghi im updating my progress a little bit, every thins is going well all my tank parameters are where there suppose to be. well the update is that i recently just got my new lighting system a curretn usa satalite 1x18w 12" lighting fixture, and im loving it so here are a couple updated pics. and soon i will start the stocking process of my pico.

My recommendation is that you add either a small pump or an additional pico filter for flow. Also you definately need to top off everday. I had a 2.5g pico setup in my office and added approx 16oz of water daily (also had a glass cover to reduce evaporation and salt creep on my lighting). I eventually took the tank down because of the salinity swings over the weekend. My corals looked very unhealthy come monday, then start to recover just in time for the weekend again. Jusy my $0.02.

My recommendation is that you add either a small pump or an additional pico filter for flow. Also you definately need to top off everday. I had a 2.5g pico setup in my office and added approx 16oz of water daily (also had a glass cover to reduce evaporation and salt creep on my lighting). I eventually took the tank down because of the salinity swings over the weekend. My corals looked very unhealthy come monday, then start to recover just in time for the weekend again. Jusy my $0.02.

yea i have been doing daily water top off with r/o water. and if you look in the pic a little bit better there are two pico filters, i added one more to add water flow. but thanks for your two cents. and mine is not at a office so it will be tended to everyday.

Archived