Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

clownfish gone, goby acting sick

Nevr

So i come back from my weekend at my dads, and my clownfish is gone, and my goby, i thought was gone, comes out and swims for like 10 sec. then goes back into the rocks. ive forgotten about the clown, i figure he jumped and a cat got him. but im worried about my goby, i just bought a top for my tank tonight, and a timer for the lights. i noticed he looks real thin, even though i over feed sometimes. and he wont come out at all, i can even touch him and he wont move. but i know hes alive im not that dumb, hes just really slow and looks sick, help anybody, im real worried about my little buddy.

what species/kind of goby? i take it from your sig its a 10g?

please refrain from otuching the fish. i know that sounds dumb, but that's a lot of stress and the fish is already obviously stressed about something in the tank.

what are your water parameters? we'll need a reading for pH, KH (alkalinity), nitrate, and ammonia. also, the specific gravity and tank temp.

from there we can help.

mandarin dragonet

for all we know, it might be lack of iodine or malnutrition. buy some mysis (live) if you feed him frozen something else.

that swimming thing sounds like typical i'd say. theyre very wary creatures.

hope he pulls through though! he sounds really cute! :wub:

what species/kind of goby? i take it from your sig its a 10g?

please refrain from otuching the fish. i know that sounds dumb, but that's a lot of stress and the fish is already obviously stressed about something in the tank.

what are your water parameters? we'll need a reading for pH, KH (alkalinity), nitrate, and ammonia. also, the specific gravity and tank temp.

from there we can help.

na its a 20 long. he already passed that night, i only touched him once to see if he was alive. dont worry, i dont pet my fish...haha. my params are good, or close too it.

temp is 78-80, salinity 1.025.

i got a firefish after i tested again, and hes doing great.....bum fish maybe?

i feed brine and mysis every day. with a few drops of zoe.

it might be lack of iodine

:blink: what?

na its a 20 long. he already passed that night, i only touched him once to see if he was alive. dont worry, i dont pet my fish...haha. my params are good, or close too it.

temp is 78-80, salinity 1.025.

i got a firefish after i tested again, and hes doing great.....bum fish maybe?

i feed brine and mysis every day. with a few drops of zoe.

sounds great. i would say that you got a bum fish. sounds like youre doing a great job caring for them. Once you run out of zoe... try selcon. it's a little bit better :)

Archived