Innovative Marine Aquariums

Overflowing tank (custom built tank and stand)

kinktao

avalanche1201

ive seen one of these at a LFS...they have it set up as a clam tank....its amazing...Im loven this tank, i need to make one myself one day.

i may have missed it, but did you make the tank yourself? or get it custom built...and for how much?

ive seen one of these at a LFS...they have it set up as a clam tank....its amazing...Im loven this tank, i need to make one myself one day.

i may have missed it, but did you make the tank yourself? or get it custom built...and for how much?

everything's built from me, inside my kitchen. So if you don't think you can build it... it's very possible. The only tools i had were a dower drill, hole saws (both diamond and regular), drill bits and a jig saw.

:bowdown:

Oh man that is so awesome! Really thinking outside the box on that one, huh?

HA HA :huh: oof. Bad pun.

All joking aside, great job. This really turns the hobby into an art form.

thx for the remarks guys. this entire tank will be remodeled in a week or two when i redo the entire plumbing system. i'm going to have to drill 4 new holes in it since i'm getting an oceansmotions!

hopefully nothing goes wrong, and it works out for the better.

• 3 weeks later...

My fish jumped over the wall! I found him in my sump. I suppose that's what I get for an overflowing tank.

Fish_Sump.jpg

Here's an update on my corals. I caved in and got some amazing corals from Miguel at fragglereef.com:

cube.jpg

Front tank shot.

cube2.jpg

Leroy swimming at the top of the tank. He swims at the very top of the tank and I occasionally brush him with my fingers. It's pretty fun.

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1232.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

These pictures are pretty high quality, but when i post them on this forum, they restrict to the boundaries of the page.

I've seen people post before where the pictures won't shrink, how do I do that?

I think it automatically resizes it regardless now..it sux I know. I've noticed that you can see the larger pictures if you click on "Post Reply" and scroll down to the pictures. You could possibly add them as an attachment closer to the full size. I never do that so I can't say for sure.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived