Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

getting ahold of PSL.com

The Unit

i ordered a light from PSL.com on sunday night....at about 12 that night i got a reply saying it should go out tomorrow[monday]...Great but i ordered 1x65k and blue antic...the order form said 2xblue antic.....fine i can deal with that but i have been trying to get ahold of bruce since monday morning when i found this out to see if i could switch that before it was sent...i have sent 3 emails and none have been replied too.....does anyone know of a phone number i can reatch them at or a email that getts looked at .... thanks for any help...

there is no phone number

he'll get to your email :)

maybe bruce should offer a phone number... i'd imagine if everyone sent him three (or more) emails in a row, he'd accumulate quite an inbox. :X

Pet Supply Liquidator's customer service is extremely poor. In January, I went to clean my lights and noticed a burning smell. I found that the wire was melting. At first, I e-mailed Bruce and he responded with a brief question regarding my lights. Than I responded and he didn't write back. I wrote back again and heard nothing. At this point I was without my lights for 1 week. It took multiple e-mails and I finally had to send him a threat before he responded and took prompt action. The fact that they have no phone number is a little shady to me. I hope you have a better experience with them than I did.

Man, that's a bummer, realhiphop. Did everything in your tank survive that week without light?

On that note, how's your tank going?

and what does he use for shippinf?...FEDX?.....he said it should have been sent out monday..its now thurs....and no light...i would thing saturday at the lattest

SeaMountain

I ordered 2x36 Retro PC's from PSL and had nothing but a good experience. Granted I didn't kick back with a smoke over it, but it wasn't bad! :P

In the past I have operated a couple of commercial web sites all without a phone number. And I can tell you the amount of emails I got was ENORMOUS and some were filtered out for one reason or another using my Eudora email program to filter SPAM and cr@p.

At one time I was making $400-$700 a week on eBay selling a software program, but answering emails 24/7 SUCKED! People would email me at 9am. 10am. Noon. Then by 3pm they were FLAMING my @SS!!! How's THAT work!? It's not like I ran eBay 24/7. I was even flamed by people on the other side of the World. Hell... It was 3am and I was asleep while someone was trashing me at noon - THERE time!

Ooops... Lemme get off my soap box... Sometimes the immediacy of email irks me. Remember the good ol' days when you ordered something via mail? It took a week or two to get there... A week or two to be processed... and a week or two to get back to you???

"4-6 weeks for delivery" and even "6-8 weeks for delivery" used to be a common phrase! :D

Anyway Unit... I feel the pain brother... I still get antsy myself but my PSL dealings went smoothly... Good luck to you!

As an aside... I even dropped a few comments about getting his name from NR.com and to let him know my biz was a direct result of C-Mark. I rec'd a couple of emails from them in addition to my order! Go figure! B)

There is a phone number, but you need to ask him for it :P

I had LOTS of trouble with my order, so I had to talk to him on the phone instead of by email.

He shipped it out via UPS, and said UPS was giving him some trouble that caused some delays. He was also on a business trip for a few days in Hawaii or something during my order, so emails took a while.

He was veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good about my order though, and I eventually got the lights I wanted.

Easily the best customer service ever, considering the HUGE problems we encounterd & slow communication.

bruce i sent u an email...but not sure if it got there...for all those reading this....PSL.com is a wonderfull company and i will def do buisness in the future...its was simply a communication error on the computers side...some how the emails were not recieved but i fully understand and thanks again bruce...i will probly post pics of your product on the tank later this month

I'm not a customer of PSL but I've heard plenty of nightmare stories about orders from PSL being incorrect, late or of poor quality.

In a nutshell, any company that doesn't provide a well-manned/womanned telephone number and street address rings alarm bells for me.

patience... is a virtue.

anger... to the derk side it leads, yes....

Its not like this is a dire emergency. its just lights.

I am sure he is just busy, and with being busy, comes having a life, and a family, and probaly a small company space with maybee only a couple of d00dz packing chit for him and a secretary.

whining about haiving to wait before the order is completed is kinda lame. Granted, information as to the status of your order would be nice, but if all he did was answer "WHERE THE F**^& IS MY LIGHTS ! ?" emails, he would never get them shipped, or any work done...

try to see it from his perspective. ;)

well an email like that was never sent...i always saw it from his perspective aswell...i was looking to see if there was any other way i could reach him or another email adress that was more active...

Originally posted by Dave ESPI

patience... is a virtue.

whining about haiving to wait before the order is completed is kinda lame. Granted, information as to the status of your order would be nice, but if all he did was answer "WHERE THE F**^& IS MY LIGHTS ! ?" emails, he would never get them shipped, or any work done...

try to see it from his perspective. ;)

What a crock of doggy doos!

Business is business no matter what sector of the market you're talking about. If there is a promise to get something to you by a specific date, you use whatever methods are at your disposal to make sure that happens. If that means peppering someone's inbox with abuse, so be it - its your money. And don't think for one moment that manufacturers aren't doing the same to their suppliers and assembly contractors. They are 1000 times worse than any consumer.

You're actually doing everyone a favour by hammering these guys. Maybe next time they won't bullsh*t quite so much to prospective customers when it comes to promised delivery dates.

As always ask questions on delivery dates on in stock and back order items on the front end of the deal. Get it in writing if you can. Also, if a company can't give you a strong delivery date on something, seriously consider going elsewhere and always avoid buying something on back order!.

Archived