Coral Vue Hydros

Aiptasia?

caja

I got some new LR about two weeks ago and found a few of these hitchikers. Two of them have moved to new real estate on the rocks, and this one has stayed put. Any ideas?

Sorry, my husband told me the same thing!! Look dead center in the photo just below the chili coral. It's that starburst shaped thing tucked in a hole in the rock.

The other ones have about a 1/8" stalk, then the crown.

Thanks!

quick, turn it over or it will suffocate.

satch, that was the funnies thing I have heard or read in weeks. thanks for the laugh.

hard to tell...the pic is fuzzy. But...it looks like it could be a cup coral. If not....then its gotta be the rock's anus like Satch suggested.

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to get my damn scanner to work. In the Marine Fish and Reef 2002 Annual (I've seen it in every LFS I've been in) is a great full page pic of aiptasia. I don't think that is what you have, but it's a great reference picture. The ones I've found on the web aren't to clear. Is it a Limped? I'ts hard to tell from your pic, can you get a profile shot?

The one in the pic above is wedged down into that hole in the rock, so I can't get a good shot of it. The other one I have does move around a little, kind of settles itself into a crevice between two rocks. I'll try to get a good pic of that one today and post later.

Forget it, the darn thing moved farther under the rock into the crevice. I've been on this computer for several hours looking at pictures and it's definately not aiptasia, although I found two of those hiding out in another crevice in my other rock about a week ago. It appears to be some type of anemone - I've found a couple pictures that are pretty close. For now I'm not too worried about those two little guys, but the two aiptasia have GOT to go. They seem to be getting bigger each day. Time to buy a pep shrimp and if that dosn't work, the syringe of death!

Archived