Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fish removal?

qsails

Can someone give me a good Idea on how to remove a Bi color dottyback from my tank. besides tearing the tank apart. He is the meanist SOB in the world. He is the only fish in the tank and when I try to put another fish in he goes mid-evil on their tail.

I had to move a pesky x-mas wrasse twice. the first time I did it I put some shrimp on a hook (paperclip) and lured the fish into a net. The second time I moved the wrasse the bastard wouldn't fall for the hook trick so I chased it into a huge shell and took the shell out of the tank.

I would see getting the fish out of a nano as being a bit tougher as there isn't a lot of room for the net to move around in.

Try leaving the net in the tank for a day so that the fish gets used to it. then put some food in the net and see if the fish will swim in and get it. then yank.

freakaccident

Check the RC DIY section on how to make a fish trap. If that doesnt work then take all the rocks out. I had to take my entire tank apart to get a mean SOB chromis out once. When I moved my yellow tang and clarki clown I had no problems. The clarki swam into the net. With the tang I used a turkey baster to squirt behind the rocks until he was in front and I could snatch him up in the net.

Just to let everyone know I took an empty poland spring water bottle cut the top off and put it back on the bottle upside down put some food in the bottom of the bottle and it worked like a charm. he swam in to get the food and could not figure out how to get out.

Archived