Innovative Marine Aquariums

For those with 2.5gal nanos

The Unit

i 2nd that. i use the one that comes with the tank it hangs over a little bitcause the hob and heater but its only about a inch overhang,Chris

Yup, they sell - or you could have cut, a glass cover for the 2.5. I plan on cutting an area to accomodate the power filter, and then siliconing a glass cabinet knob on for easy removal (without dropping it into the aquarium).

coralreefengr

I don't think urine-boy realizes that April Fool's Day was YESTERDAY!! BTW, this is his 3rd post today with urine in the body of the message.

i think someone has a fetish im reporting this dude to marks he has no reason to even be on this board al he is ,is a bother and a waste of server space,Chris

Not if you throw a good fan behind it (2 pc fans attached to hood). I don't have it on any longer due to the amount of time my hands are in the damn thing (that one hermit has got to go), I can't just flip the lid and dive in with it on, I would have to take the whole hood off then remove the dripping wet lid, to much of a pain for me. I readjust the things the crab knocked over in the morning and top off before the lid goes down. If you are not going to have your hands in it that much, and have a few small fans, it will work fine, I went a week without topping off when I first made it. Oh, and if you do make one, make a small hole in it that is towards the front center so you can feed your fish (if you get one) and be able to drip doses of stuff (if you decide to) without having to go with the whole removal tactic.

right now i have 2x15w NO's[18inch] over that tank as i am waiting for my 2x13wPC's from PSL.com....now i am replacing 2cups in the morning[plactic cups...average size] and another two after school and possible one before bed...all i have is eggcrate over the tank and the lights dont seem that hot with the desk fan i have facing it....i guessing it is the fan causeing much of the evap.....but i do like the idea of the plexi over the tank....now is there anywhere i can get a p[eice cut for mt tank like HD or Lowes because i dont have a dremil or anything like that...or better yet could i pay one of u to do it....really seriously...i would pay u to help me out...and liquid i even live in NJ[southern NJ]....but id pay for shipping and supplies....or if your closei have a nice kenya tree and maybee some yellow poplys to trade...or if your notusing the one your not using....

I use plexi. Works great. It is almost totally sealed. I never have to do a topoff. :) Works for me, but you might kill stuff from lack of gas exchange. :)

Unit

Where in south jersey are you? Like Jersey shore south or north of that. I live 'down the shore' for the summer and wonderd if there are any decent LFS in the area. Let me know

C. Jerome

i live north of the shore...about 30 min south of pennsauken/camden......its washington TWP...i got to aquarium center in berlin...nice store...sometimes ZOOS off te blck hourse pike....and a place in pennsauken..i cant remember the name[good small store with rare thing from time to time...but seriously i would pay to have a cover made if anyone has the spare time...

Archived