SaltCritters.com

6-line twitch?

nano-paul

My 6-line when he swims looks like he has a twitch evey once and awhile. He also is scratching his side on my LR. Is this normal behavior for a 6-line? He has no spots or blemishes on him at all. Since I have never really had one I dont really know if this is normal for him or not. The fish is eating and water parimeters are perfect.

hollister_08

I think this is normal for a six line, i havnt had one in about a year so i forgot... But i think mine did that when i had him in my tank!

Yea thats kinda what I thought but doesnt hurt to ask. The twitch doesnt bother me as much as the scratching, but he has only been in there since Saturday. Maybe its just an acclimation thing. Thanks for the input.

You say this occurs once in a while or is this a common occurance? If it is, you might have an infection within the gills if that is where the fish is rubbing against. That being said, koi and some goldfish will "itch" themselves against logs and rocks with no apparent infection - they almost seem to be "playing". If this behaviour is specific for this type of fish so be it. Just make sure the other fish in the tank (if any) do not start doing it as well. Has anyone else encountered this with Six lines?

Mine did something similar and I too thought it was weird and not a good sign, but I have had my six line for 4 months now and I haven't noticed any other fish doing thins. Just keep a close eye on him to be safe.

moonlightxpress825
Mine did something similar and I too thought it was weird and not a good sign, but I have had my six line for 4 months now and I haven't noticed any other fish doing thins. Just keep a close eye on him to be safe.

i just got a sixline last week and the last couple of days its doing the same thing like you guys mentioned with no apparent spots ..i hope its a normal thing with these fish.. does anyone have a sixline for longer and is this normal???

Archived