Coral Vue Hydros

how change bulbs on Via Aqua elev. hood?

reefdamsel

Hello,

I just purchased a Via Aqua 780 (21 gallon) with the included 2x36w PC hood. While assembling the hood, I wanted to get a closer look at the bulbs, but couldn't figure out how to get past the acrylic (I don't think it's glass) lens cover to get at the bulbs--I was afraid I'd break it. There are soft silicone-like strips on either end of the lens cover which come off easily, but it looks like I might actually have to take the hood itself apart (what a PITA). But maybe there's something simple I'm missing, and maybe I'm too nervous about breaking my new toy. How is one supposed to change/replace the bulbs?! I thought I'd ask here, since I know there are lots of folks with these tanks/hoods, and I haven't had much luck getting answers from the Commodity Axis people (they totally ignored my email). P.S. This is my first post. After lurking for months, I finally joined. This site is great--I feel I've learned more here than from books by Bob Fenner and John Tullock...

DongShenYin

Did you buy it from a store? You can ask the employees. That way, if they break it in a demonstration, you can make them give you a new one. ;)

Remove the end of the hood that does not have the power cord, by removing the two screws. the metel plate and the plexi are in a slot and will just slide out. pretty easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived