Coral Vue Hydros

Calc, and Dkh, low!

cpllongjk

ok guys and gals,

my tank params are

7 dkh

340calcium

using 2part B-ionic in the morning, 1ml per 4gallons, i use about 5ml of each component

24gal aquapod.

i need calcium at 400-420, dkh at 8-10...

i know about magnesium, but i dont have a test kit for it. should i go buy one? or what can i do, to raise my dkh and calcium more?

just tested magnesium today, it ws 1170

So you are using 24mls of each solution per day? That's quite a bit. How long have you been using b-ionic. You should see your numbers trending up, but it could take a little while.

sorry stallen, i made corrections, i use 5ml of each part. its 1ml per 4gallons of water, and i assumed i had 20 gallons. Also ive been using it for a week straight now. my magnesium is 1170, checked it today.

I would increase your dosing by about 25% for a little while until you get your numbers where you want them then go back to the recommended dose to maintain.

Unfotunatley, I think this is something that we are going to be doing everyday. I really don't want to deal with it everyday. I seriousely considering a dual channel pump to do the job for me. These come highly recommended...

http://www.innovativeaquatics.com/products/nautilis2.html

You might want to try one of these:

http://www.omega.com/pptst/FPU100.html

I ordered a dual and it came to like $123 with a no case and a spare set of hoses.

It is a little noisy if you have it out in the open, and it runs kinda hot (but I got the tiny “101”. Bigger motor like on the 104 and above would probably be cooler).

Don't know about Mg but Those calc and alk parameters aren't that far off. I've heard that Calc 380-450 and dKH 7-12 is probably ok.

Do you dose Kalk? I think that patience is best. Gone during xmas my corraline was all pale as I was using water as ATO. I switched to kalk only for topoff and after a week was at Ca 360 and dKH 7.7. After a second week Ca 390 and dKH 9. Corraline is coming back and corals are happy.

Archived