inTank Media Baskets

star polyps

channah

Okay, I know I might sound stupid, I'm still pretty new at this. I went to the LFS and saw a gorgeous colony of Star Polyps. It was full, looked great. So I put them in after a WC and moving the tank across the room. Now I'm getting just a few polyps peaking out. Is this just an acclimation period? I turned the powerhead flow down a little to ease up the current. I only have a 32W PC retro for my eclipse 1, but as soon as my BakPak gets in and my canopy dries, I'm adding another 32W PC on my 15high. PH is 8.2, SG is 1.023 and nitrates around 2.5. Any ideas?

Give 'em time. It's just been ripped from its home, thrown in a bag, bounced around in a car, and dropped into a new place with different lighting and water. You'd be cranky too ;)

harbingerofthefish

Yeah some pop up fast others take some time to readjust to the man handling. I would actually give them more flow if you can. I have 2 colonies and the ones in the higher flow area seem to be hapier. Plus algae settling on them is a killer.

masterfuji01

Dude..i bought some once and they polyped in an hour. then three days later my yellow tang ate allteh polyps off, but the purple was there...i left the purple for a month or so, and now they are all grown back and better looking then they were at first...moral of the story...give them light and flow, and nothing will kill them.

Archived