Cultivated Reef

cinnamon polyp propagation

mascencerro

I stopped by my LFS today and low and behold, something I've beem looking for. Cinnamon polyps aka palythoa grandis. They are from someone else who is tearing down their tank and selling all the stock while they move and renovate. I wanted to buy them, but they're attached to a pretty good sized chunk of rock, and the guy that owns the LFS said he wasn't sure how much the owner wanted for them with the big rock. He said if I can figure out how to separate some from the rock he'll figure out a way for me to get some and see how much the guy wants for them.

I have read they are more toxic than the run-of-the-mill zoa and paly, but do you move them from rock to rock the same way as any other zoa/paly, by just scraping them off the rock or chipping some of the rock away where they are then glue them to wherever? Has anyone had much luck with fragging them?

• 2 weeks later...
If he wants to much for them just go here and get them for like 16 bucks.

turns out, the guy wanted $120 for the polyps. Of course I didn't go for that.

The link you gave aren't really what I was looking for, but these are, and they're even cheaper. Of course, the ones pictured don't have as much white as the ones I was looking at in the LFS... they were really purdy. :)

gotta get some bills that got neglected during holidays paid, then i will prob get some if they still have them. they're definately on the top of my list though.

Archived