Pod Your Reef

My 2.5 attempt

Lrn2reef

Anyone have any good ideas for mounting the light or building it into the hood... I have a few ideas but they seem to be complicated.

I bought legs from the LFS and screwed them in - One side of the legs rest on the edge of the tank and the other sits on the false wall

YR

TYVM John I'm really liking how this has come together!

I bought legs from the LFS and screwed them in - One side of the legs rest on the edge of the tank and the other sits on the false wall

YR

Are they the same legs as the ones for the larger CL's? How exactly did you scew them into it. I certainly don't see any holes.

TYVM John I'm really liking how this has come together!

Are they the same legs as the ones for the larger CL's? How exactly did you scew them into it. I certainly don't see any holes.

I don't recall if they were coralife or current ones - I lined them up, marked 'em and then drilled them. I used nylon nuts / screws to assemble

I don't recall if they were coralife or current ones - I lined them up, marked 'em and then drilled them. I used nylon nuts / screws to assemble

I'll have to check it out see what I can do. But I am sure I will be able to do something. I just don't want it to be ugly cause I love my cute little tank.

I just don't want it to be ugly cause I love my cute little tank.

Search the forum classifieds for guy named Hog Winslow - He builds canopies and bases pretty inexpensively - It's likely he can craft something with a rail inside to support your lighting.

link to Hog's website

YR

Search the forum classifieds for guy named Hog Winslow - He builds canopies and bases pretty inexpensively - It's likely he can craft something with a rail inside to support your lighting.

link to Hog's website

YR

Wow those are cheap and they look really awsome. We'll have to see how it goes though, I really do want to do this project with my own hands, every step. So I figure it will only take me like 2 days to ruin about $200 worth of good wood, 2 days to get the money to the guy and 3 to ship it, so maybe I will have an awsome hood in a week LOL omgomgomg.

Here are some more pictures.

Arrangement

Arrangement.JPG

Back View

BackView.JPG

FTS No Light

FTS1.JPG

FTS With Light

FTS3.JPG

Rock Up Close

Scaping.JPG

Rock Up Close 2

ScapingZoomed.JPG

From the Small Side

SideView.JPG

Thats it for pics for now, I'll take some more when I'm really done with the rock placement.

Part of the reason it is the way it is, is because of the flow.

Archived