Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

noob ?

alienup

ok this is going to sound crazy but is it true you dont have to feed crabs in a reef tank????

kinda/sorta

in general reef conditions, they would make do. (not always the case in home aquaria) They can get curious just like anything else.

In fact, I know die-hard old-skool reefers who don't put crabs into their tank at all.

D

im thinking of eather

Hawaiian Zebra Hermit Crab

Blueleg Hermit Crab

how manny will i need for a 12g and witch one is better?

what is your fav?

im thinking of eather

Hawaiian Zebra Hermit Crab

Blueleg Hermit Crab

how manny will i need for a 12g and witch one is better?

what is your fav?

blue legs! zebras are agressive and will go after your other hermits and snails, and blue legs are motor mouths, never stop eatn algae....i dunno maybe 5 or 6, I have 4 in my 10 gallon

so what kind should i get?

i would go for blue legs and red legs, both good crabs both eat alot and arent too agressive, and get a few snails too, couple turbos or something, and some sand sifters like naussarius snails to keep the sand bed sifted well to prevent ammonia bubbles under the sandbed

hollister_08
i would go for blue legs and red legs, both good crabs both eat alot and arent too agressive, and get a few snails too, couple turbos or something, and some sand sifters like naussarius snails to keep the sand bed sifted well to prevent ammonia bubbles under the sandbed

Ya you should get 5-10 hermits, and a couple turbo's, and a couple asteria snail's... But you also need to find some invert for sand, nassarius snails would be great maybe like 3 or 4 of them in your tank...

Go with some scarlet reef hermits :) They have the coolest eyes. They also aren't really aggressive. Mine just mind there own business and never mess with my coral or snails. As for snails, ceriths and nassarius, IMO should always be apart of any CUC. Turbos though can get really big, and bull doze rocks. Margaritas and trochus are great snails too. :)

mandarin dragonet
Ya you should get 5-10 hermits, and a couple turbo's, and a couple asteria snail's... But you also need to find some invert for sand, nassarius snails would be great maybe like 3 or 4 of them in your tank...

way OTT, one crab per 4-5 gallons, not per 2 gallons, thats for snails.

add your CUC slowly. if the ones you buy can't handle it after 3 (ish) days, add a small amount more, and gradually build it up. you dont want a sparkly clean tank, then loads of starving CUC members do you?

Archived