Cultivated Reef

onld tank water=sand=new tank?

The Unit

my question is can i mover 2,5gal of water and some sand from my well established 15gal into a 2.5gal nano without a cycle?.....could i move my corals over tonight?....does anyoone see a problem with this?....i will test to see if all prameters are ok before i do anything ofcourse...

The only thing i see that may be a prob. is what happens to the sand when it is all mixed up in the scoping and moving process. I dont know if that messes up the bacteria in there.

The rock should be fine as far as i know, but you might want to do it and then wait a day to make sure everying is going good.

i already set it up about 2 hours ago....sand has finally cleared....everything looks good...i will pst pics tonight...and and nothing in the tank but water and sand....

internal overflow/filter/refuge/heater.....i took the syphin clean from my magnum 350 and cut it down so the HOB heater and macro all sit in it...it acts as a perfect surface skimmer too...

im gona test the water at 8 and go from there as far as placing the corals in...oh and those light 2x15No's are just temp...my 2x13 PC are coming in the next day or so

the kenya tree will be going backk when i find a green tourch for the tank...when that happens the tourch will occupy the right side of the tank whil the other corals will be moved to the left side....i plan to add a rock anemone and a different color shroom or two......and that will be it for the tank....

Archived