ReefCleaners.org

quick question...

grink dude

i have added a skunk cleaner shrimp about 1 week ago to my tank, and i don't see him much, but i saw him a bit today and yesterday, will he start coming out much more soon??? i heard they are really bold, but mine isn't. is he just acclimating??

mandarin dragonet

most of them are like that, maybe hand feed him, place a shrimp pellet close to his hole, and slowly place it further and further away, and hees slowly get sued to the bright lighting.

May have recently molted or is in the process of molting. Won't come out till his carapace is hardened.

Does he not come out when you are feeding?

oh yeah he did molt on monday i think and yes he does come out for feeding. he does come out and crawl up the back sides of the tank, but nowhere else

Does stress bring on molts? It seems like threads like this always end up in a molt. Or is the market just flooded with lots of nearly-molted shrimp? Weird.

Hope you see more of your new shrimp soon. Maybe with a new "suit of armor!"

A healthy shrimp can molt a couple of times a month if in good health. Not uncommon to simply have the shrimp molt in the first few days of aquiring it. Explains alot of the behaviour.

Archived