SaltCritters.com

LT anemone

lemiwinks

i have a small lt anemone and i read that it attaches itself underneath sand, and usually wont take to staying on rocks. i also read they dont wander too much. i have had one for about a month now, and it has moved 3 or 4 times to completely different places and has recently settled near the back wall of my tank on a rock. has anyone else had this happen? could there be something it's not liking in there?

hollister_08
i have a small lt anemone and i read that it attaches itself underneath sand, and usually wont take to staying on rocks. i also read they dont wander too much. i have had one for about a month now, and it has moved 3 or 4 times to completely different places and has recently settled near the back wall of my tank on a rock. has anyone else had this happen? could there be something it's not liking in there?

It is just trying to find the perfect spot in your tank, but if you notice that its doin odd stuff, like not eating and deflating alot, or more than it use to.... That probly would be a sign that something is wrong!!

today it moved to directly underneath the heater. i figure it isnt warm enough [duh] but the heater is set on 82. should it be higher? other than that, he looks good and it ate some aquadine earlier. :D

post-14087-1167883664_thumb.jpg

hollister_08
today it moved to directly underneath the heater. i figure it isnt warm enough [duh] but the heater is set on 82. should it be higher? other than that, he looks good and it ate some aquadine earlier. :D

post-14087-1167883664_thumb.jpg

You should keep your tank tamp around 78 degree's, some people keep it a little higher but thats about the idea setting, maybe 80 degree's at the most... But what is your tank temp?? And i dont think he is trying to get warmer, like i said he is trying to find that idea spot...

i think its foot is damaged. when it deflates, it pulls its foot in and the flow of my water sweeps it around to different locations. i have moved it back, and it stretches back out and stays there for a while. when my clown rubs on it, he pushes it around b/c it wont seat itself anywhere. so...im pretty sure the foot is screwed up. is there any way i can get it to adhere somewhere??

hollister_08
i think its foot is damaged. when it deflates, it pulls its foot in and the flow of my water sweeps it around to different locations. i have moved it back, and it stretches back out and stays there for a while. when my clown rubs on it, he pushes it around b/c it wont seat itself anywhere. so...im pretty sure the foot is screwed up. is there any way i can get it to adhere somewhere??

Does the foot on the anemone have any splits, or damage to the foot?

Archived