SaltCritters.com

HERMIT HELP

mandarin dragonet

mandarin dragonet

ok i went to my LFS yesterday to buy a CUC for my nano (all params have been 0 for 3 days now, pH 8.2, sg 1.023 ect.) and the hermits were fine yesterday. now neither of them move all day but seem to filter feed -sticking out their antennae or something. i know theyre alive because they move aroud at night no problem--is this a cause for concern?? :huh:

Not really, most hermits are nocternal and are usually hidden during the day. Don't worry too much about them unless you DON'T see thm move at all. My hermits always stay still during the day and at night they are all over the place, then a few weeks down the road they are all over the place during the day and stay still at night. Hermits are crazy little fellows but we love them for who they are ;)

mandarin dragonet

yea, they move everywhere at night, so theyre OK then. thanks.

will they need additional feeding even thought theres plenty of algae--is one typoe of food a balanced diet?

They will be happy with the leftover food that your other critters do not eat. You could target feed them if you really want to take that much time. It really isn't that big of a deal though.

Archived