inTank Media Baskets

tang getting worse

killahbeez2000

killahbeez2000

Well last night i noticed there were small tiny brown dots all over my tangs body so i set up a ten g hospital tank (7 gallons of established tank water and two gallon of freshly mixed) this morning i turned on the lights and he was all blotchy and and losing some color it wasnt red streaks or blothes it was just a loss of color blotchy. So i dont know what to treat the tang with. i dont have a refractometer so i dont know if i should do hyposalinity but im not sure if its the rust disease thing or the "black ich" anyone have any pictures??? He is in a 75g with a clown and two yellow tail damsels and a ch chip star. I just got him saturday ( 4 days ago) and i didnt QT him. Im uding tap water right now(saving up for RO unit off ebay) what do you guys think Ich or rust disease.

Well, first of all you are going to have to start using quality water. Tap water is the cause I'd almost guarantee it. Just go to the local grocery store and buy some RO water or at least distilled. Fill the quarantine tank with this quality water first. Then do water changes out of the main tank with new RO/distilled water as well. In the mean time you could try a cleaner shrimp I hear they are great at removing ich from fish. Good luck

Archived