Pod Your Reef

Help me decide which tank

WilliamDuBose

WilliamDuBose

Looking for some opinions about an upcoming purchase. Price is something I have to take account of.

1st option:

Tank-

5.5 AGA( is the shorter side wall tempered glass?)

-tank will be setup so the 2 longer sides are the main viewing panes

Lighting-

Either 70w 14k metal halide or 36w corallife mini compacts(4x9w in retro hood)

Filtration-

A used canister filter with carbon and some live rock. Heater would also be in there. Outputs would be a spraybar on the upper trim(6 outlets).

2nd option:

6g nanocube w/ stock lighting

3rd option:

12g nanocube dx w/ stock lighting

Im wanting to keep softies because I figure they will keep me out of trouble with money issues. I like the all-in-one design of the nanocubes but the front curves on the nanocube 6 scare me a little because they majorly warp the viewing.

Any input is good input.

thanks

William

WilliamDuBose
how bout a 10g AGA with the 70watt MH and a 5.5g sump or fuge.

Too large for right now. Im trying to limit my ability to expand and get out of control with getting corals(that is what happened about 2 years ago).

I figure with a 5.5 I can limit the space available. Im in college right now(and in a dorm) so money is not at a premium.

Im also worried about moving the tank. With a 5.5 aga it will be a lot easier to move since the structure is more rigid. The nanocubes would be under a lot of stress if I were to move them

WilliamDuBose
Yep,go 5.5 with an AC110 fuge.Any ideas on lighting?70watts might be a little too much but it would work on the 5.

70 watts is the perfect for the size of that tank. I had it on my old setup and it was amazing. Sadly I had to take down the tank but Im missing it now

Archived