Top Shelf Aquatics

need an answer about fragging my toadstool

the frag master

the frag master

ok i have a huge brown toadstool that is not more than 8 inches across in diameter. i have never fragged him and he is in my 6 gallon custom that is beign torn down this weekend becaus eim doing a 5.5 that isnt as long or as slim. i know to cut the top or disk of him off, but do i just cut him into little pieces after that? i have a dremmel witha very sharp diamond blade to cut him with if that will work, however i need some advice. thanks.

the guy at my LFS uses an exacto blade and just cuts it into smaller pieces. it seems to me like the dremel would destroy a lot of tissue. he then uses sticks a toothpick through them onto a sponge until they take.

i, however, have never done it but this is a method to consider.

good luck.

brent-konieczny

Just get a scissors and cut it however you want. You cant kill leather unless you put it in a microwave or somethin.

When I frag my colt I can never get it to attach!!!!

Low flow...rubberband...or toothpick with rubberbands.

No luck bleep bleep...Super gel with bands...lol

Izzue

hollister_08

I cut mine with a sharp pair of scissors!!! Just cut it like a pizza, and then put them on a rock, and put a rubber band around it, but make sure it is lose, so it wont hurt it!!!

If you cut up a leather that big and put all the pieces in one frag tank, you better skimming like a madman and doing water changes because they will put off some noxious mucous, and the whole shebang will melt down if you aren't careful.

The Propagator

Yardboy speaketh' the truth !!

It sure will. For this same reason I dont believe he as a leather that big in such a small tank.

pitbullpooch
Yardboy speaketh' the truth !!

It sure will. For this same reason I dont believe he as a leather that big in such a small tank.

ive had them alot bigger then that so how is it hard to believe? size of the tank dont mean anything they will grow out of it if you let them. just wondering why its so hard to believe.

At 8" in diameter, it would be growing out of it.

Let's just let it go Prop, you know everything looks bigger in a 6 gallon tank.

Archived