Innovative Marine Aquariums

shrimp count as fish?

rfequity

Do you count shrimp as fish when you read "no more than 3-5 fish in a 24 gallon nano"? I have an AP 24 with a true percula, six line, fire fish and was thinking of adding a Pajama Cardinalfish. I change 20% each week and I don't have a protein skimmer. Any thoughts?

no,

Shrimp,crabs,snails and other inverts add very little to bioload.5 shrimp would not make the same amount of bio-load as say a small clown.

no,

Shrimp,crabs,snails and other inverts add very little to bioload.5 shrimp would not make the same amount of bio-load as say a small clown.

Thanks.

Thanks.

no prob,I am not shure on adding the cardnals to the 24.The perc might be agressive towards them.But bio-load wise I see no problems.

no prob,I am not shure on adding the cardnals to the 24.The perc might be agressive towards them.But bio-load wise I see no problems.

The cardinal is actually quite large, maybe 1.5 inches. Maybe he could hold his own against the perc. Belive it or not, my skunk shrimp is the most aggressive thing in my tank. He wants to eat everybody and everything. He's a beast; over 3 inches long!

Yeah,its wierd with shrimp.They have REALLY small brains but they seem soo smart!Like mantis shrimp,they must be one of the smartest inverts ever.Well,behind octopuses.

You do know that PJ cardnals need to bee in groups right?Just checkin :D

Yeah,its wierd with shrimp.They have REALLY small brains but they seem soo smart!Like mantis shrimp,they must be one of the smartest inverts ever.Well,behind octopuses.

You do know that PJ cardnals need to bee in groups right?Just checkin :D

I've read some about that. They will not do well by themselves?

mandarin dragonet
no,they will not do well by themselves.The are alwase found in pairs.A pair is the only way to go.

they are always found in pairs. you could squeeze in a pair if you really stuck to water changes, then they would fit in the no more than 5 rule, as you have 5.

monitor water quality and if its ruined....dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn :happy:

Archived