SaltCritters.com

Playing with new camera...(graphic intense)

Dazed1

Got a new digicam, hence took pic's of my fish :)

Scooter :

scooter.jpg

Linckia star :

linckia.jpg

One more Linckia star :

linckia1.jpg

One more Linckia star :

linckia2.jpg

Shrimp

shrimp.jpg

Feather duster

feather.jpg

Awesome puffer. I want to get a valentini for the tank I'm gonna set up this fall (thinking 55g). Does he behave himself with your corals, or is his tank a FOWLR? What about inverts like snails and hermits?

Originally posted by Zauss

Awesome puffer.  I want to get a valentini for the tank I'm gonna set up this fall (thinking 55g).  Does he behave himself with your corals, or is his tank a FOWLR?  What about inverts like snails and hermits?

He is in a FOWLS tank. Tank had 2 small snail's. As soon as he was released in the tank, he went and over turned the snail's. he is still small, about 2", hence can't eat the snail's complete. Earlier I had him in a tank with snail's /mushroom's. He didnt do anything that time though. Love's to eat, will eat ALOT, and fun to watch.

freakaccident

I wish I had a tank big enough for a puffer. They are too cool. I have a 29g FOWLR with a baby Yellow tang and a Clarky clown in it but I don't know that that is big enough for a puffer.

Nice pics. The colours are rich and true to real life. You just need to sort out the focusing. In some pics the focus is out.

You can prevent "out of focus" pics by:

Using a tripod.

Use macro/closeup facility if not already.

Move slightly away from subject, you may be too close to subject.

You also need to focus right on the subject. In some pics it looks like as if the subject and background are in focus.

Be sure you're zooming onto the subject and not the background/sorroundings.

Overall these are very good pics considering its your new camera. I suggest reading and reading the manual again. Learn what the different setting are meant for.

Then experiment many times with the different settings/features. Trust me this way you'll master your new camera in a short while.

I hope you dont mind me making these suggestions. I just thought I'd pass along some helpful tips which I would have wanted to know when I first got my digicam.

Good luck. :)

Archived