inTank Media Baskets

anemone

mandarin dragonet

yes

if you dont know this you need to do ALOT more research and it looks like your new to this so wait till your tank is at least 6 months old... a year old is better till you add an anemone

hence at the start i use hypothetically lol :happy:

I dont think they eat other fish in your system

anemones will usually not feed on other fish in your system based on two things, or so I just read: As long as you keep it well fed and its in a stable environment and has a home its rooted to that it doesnt move from, then it will not move around or have reason to eat other fish in your system(or anything else for that matter). Its not that nimble of a creature to go chasing after fish so it can eat them :P Secondly once it finds a home and has a clown to host with either the other fish are simply smart enough to stay away from an anemone (in the first place even without a clown) and steer clear of its little area, or the protective clownfish host will teach them to stay away: territorial.

Captive anemones have bothered other fish very little in their systems, but you have to have a very very stable system to keep an anemone, and stroong lighting and a skimmer are pretty much a must. And keep it well fed, I feed mine half a shrimp twice a week, hasnt moved once, and if I had other fish Im pretty sure my maroon wouldnt let them get close enough to the anemone to have any problem with it whatsoever....of course other fish with a maroon is another story :lol:

help out a bit better??

Archived