ReefCleaners.org

5 gallon ghettoness

FUGU!!!

So I have a 5g tank,a cheap wallmart tank with horrible silicone and a leaking fuge.

I am thinking of upgrading to a 10g.With the 5 as a fuge,I have a 150watt MH pendant that I will use.I am going to use the stuff from the 5g and transfer all of it into the 10.

Is it wonth it?I will hafto stop progress on the 30g but I would love to keep my 5 running.But the silicone job and the seams are just grose.

it all depends on what YOU want. would you be willing to go the extra yard to get the 10g running? if you wanted to, you could do the 30 later on with a 5g sump and a 10g fuge. that way you make use of all of your tanks and the fuge could be a 2nd display. just a thought.

that's just it, the 5gal is used for the water to drain into a filter sock and then be passed up into the fuge. this allows the fuge to be clean of all powerheads. the water could then drain back from the fuge into the other half of the 5g and pumped back up into the display. only worth it if you want a display fuge. otherwise it would be a lot easier to just have a 10g sump. lol

mybuickskill6979

lol that sounds like alot of work hehe. would rather have a good 10g sump hehe. paint the two ends and leave the fuge open for display!!

Travisurfer you should see some of my 30g concepts :lol:

I think I will take the plunge.I will draw up some designes for it,find a use for the 5g.

Heres a list of the stuff I think I need:

-150watt MH bulb.I don't know much about this watt range,Ime a 250 guy :D .So I don't know there "K" range.

-Plumbing

-powerhead.I may just use loclines.

-LS

-More LR (I have probably 15lbs in the 5!)

-A waterpump

anything else?

Heres a quick 10g concept:10g.bmp change what you guys want to change.I want to keep most of the stuff hidden.

I may do a 15...

Dose anyone else want to comment?

I think I will do either a 10 or a 15.I want to use the 150 on my 5 temporarily so I can put in corals.Ime soo impaitent :D

I have decided what to do with the tank.It will be a Low/no light coral tank.Corals that need to be fed really.I will be using live foods for the corals,I sent ReefCrew an e-mail to see what they thought:

Sent : December 28, 2006 10:49:10 AM

To : "'Jesse Perrin'"

Subject : RE: Best food

| | | Inbox

Hi Jesse,

Based on the list of inhabitants you have provided you should be feeding a

mixture of phytoplankton and rotifers.The phytoplankton (Green Bag) will be

a primary food source for your sponges some LPS and the small organisms in

your tank you don't see. By providing a consistent food source for these

organisms they will reproduce regularly in turn feeding your fish and other

corals.

The Rotifers (Blue Bag) are your zooplankton and will feed your corals and

your fish directly.

Depending on how new your tank is we would also suggest getting some

Copepods, (Ask the store from them and they will be ordered in for

you)Copepods are another Zooplankton that will feed your coral and fish.

Although small in size they are highly nutritious and should reproduce in

your tank well with time and regular feeding of phytoplankton.

Hope this helps

The ReefCrew R Team

They seem to know what there talking about.

any thoughts/comments?

I will probably use the 150watt pendant on a FW project.I have a 10,000K bulb on there so it should give off a good ammount of light.

ANY COMMENTS?

Well I am probably going to buy another 5g tank for a fuge,I need somthing to do :D

I don't have enough cash to work on the 30g so this is my little project.With a U pipe,that kinda thing.250gph.Another concept drawing :rolleyes:

Well a sad new year for me.My tank crashed,evereythings lost.I have setup a bucket with a skimmer,light and heater for the LR.I am soo bumed.

Archived