ReefCleaners.org

Decorator crab and some lost limbs?

05XRunner

Ok so i have my Decorator crab in my tank..Also a Bahama Starfish and a Fuzzy purple crab kinda looks like a stone crab..I got him at a pet store CHEAP cause he was a hitchhiker on some live rock.

Now they have been fine..but just tonight this hairy crab decided to try and eat my decorator. He pulled all but 1leg off and 1 pincer. I already got this mean crab out and in a bucket. So will my decorator be able to regrow his legs or is this just to much damage done to him. He cant move all that well now since the leg and pincer are on the same side.

Looks like this Purple crab is now going to become my octopus food

A "fuzzy" crab sounds like a gorilla crab. As you've discovered, they're ill-advised in an aquarium with other living things.

It's going to be hard for your decorator to move around to eat. If you have a quarantine tank, move him to that. Otherwise, just keep an eye on him and hope for the best. Make sure to do frequent water changes to provide the necessary iodine for molting.

A "fuzzy" crab sounds like a gorilla crab. As you've discovered, they're ill-advised in an aquarium with other living things.

It's going to be hard for your decorator to move around to eat. If you have a quarantine tank, move him to that. Otherwise, just keep an eye on him and hope for the best. Make sure to do frequent water changes to provide the necessary iodine for molting.

Well the hairy crab is in a bucket now..living out his days till I have my tank ready for my octopus.

The decorator seems to be a trooper. He doesnt seem to be letting it get him down..he struggles but moves around and is eating away.

Archived