inTank Media Baskets

Kent's Calcium Reactor ???

SmartaZaWhiP

SmartaZaWhiP

Hey all, do any of you guys or gals know about this product?

Have you ever used it?

I can tell you that I do use it and it seems to be working well.

My coralline is growing off the hook, but I don't know anyone else that uses it. Any feedback?

• 2 weeks later...

you're talking about the liquid supplement, n'est-ce pas?

http://www.kentmarine.com/html/lr.html

i've seen it and a couple of times contemplated trying it but never have taken the plunge. i'm skeptical i guess because of the limited solubility of carbonates in water. on the spec page it mentions that dosing 1 mL/gallon with "Liquid Reactor" will raise [Calcium] 33 ppm and [carbonates] 51 ppm. i like that they provide that much info! relatively speaking i think that's actually pretty concentrated. but like any of these liquid supplements cost becomes a factor in all but the nanoest tanks.

i'd be curious to see the long term effects of unbalanced calcium:carbonate addition (roughly 2:3). i would anticipate a gradual rise in alkalinity (KH), which might eventually influence calcium levels. keep us updated on those calcium and alk levels please!

and be sure to "Shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds immediately before each use!" as you want to add the supersaturated solution and a precipitate will form in the bottle.

tg

SmartaZaWhiP

Thanks for the replys guys, but I ment Kent's Liquid reactor.:)

This stuff is great and I use it instead of a two part system.

From the claims on the bottle, it's an all in one with the two parts in one solution. Expensive, yes.

Excellent, yes. My dkh is around 10 and I use it on my 7 gal nano so one bottle lasts quite a while.

Archived