SaltCritters.com

Yellow Tang Feeding List ???

killahbeez2000

killahbeez2000

Hey everyone i just purchased a 4 inch yellow tang for my 75g. I also bought some seaweed selects brown algae i heard that they can eat real lettuce. is this true? can anyone make a list? thank you so much.

Do a search on RC and I'm sure you'll find plenty of food recommendations for tangs. However, non-saltwater-originating food (e.g., lettuce, spinach) is usually about nutrition-free for many saltwater herbivores. For cheap kelp/seaweed go to a local oriental store and by some sheets of nori.

Originally posted by sjpresley

Do a search on RC and I'm sure you'll find plenty of food recommendations for tangs.  However, non-saltwater-originating food (e.g., lettuce, spinach) is usually about nutrition-free for many saltwater herbivores.  For cheap kelp/seaweed go to a local oriental store and by some sheets of nori.

OK, it is ASIAN!!! not oriental. That is politically incorrect. Thy are Asians not oriental.

freakaccident

Damn sensitive! You should talk to the Asians that run the local Asian store named "Oriental Market". Its right next to the restaurant that serves Japanese style food called "Korea Sushi". "Korea Sushi" has the best spicy tuna roll. The Sea Urchin tasted like dog crap smells though.

Oriental means "of the east" (as orient = east), if you find that offensive that is your problem. You should also learn what words mean. Political incorrectness stems from words that have NEGATIVE conotations like fat, cripple, or retard. There is no negative conotation associated with being "oriental", it isn't like I said, "Go to the local ##### store."

Besides Asian is a pretty broad term, I doubt "Asian" stores sell Indian, Pakistani, Turkish, and Russian products (all in Asia by the way and I bet none of their foods include dried seaweed sheets). Whereas "Oriental" stores are likely to sell Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Mongolian cuisine, all of which do.

Quit being mentally challenged and narrow minded and you might start understanding something. Asshat.

One of our local stores sells Sushi made daily; the eel is by far the best, the tuna and salmon are good too, but not as tasty.

freakaccident

We have a hippie grocery store here that sells sushi but it sucks. You have to go to the real sushi joint or make it yourself. Hmmmm..... "Spicy Damsel Roll"!

Unfortunately, I find that the smaller damsels like yellow tails make much better sushi than the larger species like segeant majors or dominos.

Make sure that it's just plain nori though - no ajitsuke or teriyaki or stuff like that - as those've got soy sauce and msg and all sorts of other things on it to make it tasty. I think your tang would rather prefer seaweed unflavored.

While you're visiting little asia, look for flying fish eggs. I believe it's called tobikko or something like that at the sushi bar. Not only is it delicious for sushi, I think your fish will like them as a tasty treat.

Bucket, if you are going to insult 250 million people, perhaps you should have a reason. There is no stereotype outlined anywere in this post (maybe you should bust out the dictionary as well) except that yellow tangs, in general, like algae (but I'm not passing judgement on that fact, I like vegetarians just fine....freaks).

freakaccident
While you're visiting little asia, look for flying fish eggs. I believe it's called tobikko or something like that at the sushi bar.

I prefer Masago or Smelt eggs. Both are very good though. I cold eat either one plain, out of a bucket, with a spoon.

Originally posted by freakaccident

I could eat either one plain, out of a bucket, with a spoon.

I could I say, through the morning, the night, and all afternoon.

Coming soon to a Border's near you, Dr. Seuss's lost book, "Fish Eggs and Spam"

Originally posted by ajroahkni

I could I say, through the morning, the night, and all afternoon.

Coming soon to a Border's near you, Dr. Seuss's lost book, "Fish Eggs and Spam"

too funny ajro. I have read green eggs and ham 1000 times since my daughter started liking it. We will be thrilled to have a sequel. Perhaps Sam I Am gets tossed in prison for poisoning the other guy (who has no name) and he gets beat on a daily basis by his cell mates.

Would you, could you, in the butt?

Would you, could you, hold a nutt?

Archived