Coral Vue Hydros

If I could only buy one...

C Jerome

If i could only buy one bottle of one of the supplements that have a bunch of stuff all in one, what should it be? For example but not limited to Seachem Reef Trace or Reef Plus, Kent Essential Elements, or Coral-Vite and so on. I will be dosing Kalk top off water.

I am not really that new, i have been set up for over a year, but i am starting a new tank for college and i want to 'keep it simple' and not have 10 bottles of different 'juice' to bring to school. Any other recomendations for keeping it simple are welcome

Thank You

C. Jerome

My Set up as i see it in my head

-2.5 with two book worms(10,000K, Actinic)

-Aqua clear Mini or 150- can i fit my heater in the 150

-25W or 50W mini thermal compact heater- they are the same size so should i

just go with the 50?

-Small PH a micro jet or a small rio, if i go with a AQ150 do i still need a PH

-the usual rock and sand and coral and maybe a clown goby or a shrimp or both

Any other ideas

oh and i am going to build a hood and base

Water changes = Keeping it simple:P

Seriously though, why do you feel the need to dose anything? Other than maybe Alk and Ca, you should get most everything else from frequent water changes.

BTW, what school are you attending?

Right now i am a freshman Alfred University in NY, but i am in the process of transfering for next year, in a month i can tell you were to.

On the nano side, right now i have a 6gal and i dose one of those seachem ones.

How do you think my set up idea looks? Do you have a tank at school, does it run well?

C. Jerome

Your setup looks fine to me, although I'm somewhat of a beginner myself. How many watts are you getting out of those bookworm lights? You may want to go with something larger like a 7 gallon mini-bow, but it's just a suggestion. I know that a 32W smartlite retro fits nicely in the mini-bow hood.

In terms of my setup, I currently have an 18gal with 2X36W (10000k & Actinic 03) from AHSupply. I like the setup, but I wish it was longer rather than tall so that I could have more room to place corals. In the future I'd like to setup a 20Long, but of course that means more money to spend. Right now I'm finishing up my senior year at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo and hope to set up some more tanks once I can purchase a house.

Good luck.

As said before, the simplest additive is weekly water changes. That should keep you on track. If you want to boost your calcium/alkalinity beyond what your salt mix gives you go for B-Ionic. Other than than water changes and a calc/alk supplement you should be fine.

John

Archived