inTank Media Baskets

ripped off the lfs, or did i?

twflys

Well, exchanged some of my zoo's for some ricordia and shrooms. Brought them home and as I was placing one of the mushrooms in the tank, a started to expel some type of white fluid from the center. Hmmm, was it just a defence mechanism poison, or did I handle it too much. Don't worry, I washed my hands real good after.

Can't complain, got some 2 decent sized ricordias and 2 small red mushrooms for $7 bucks and exchange of some of my old zoo's. Love striking a deal, for some of their old junk laying around the tank.

How long will it take before these guys begin to split & propogate?

coralreefengr

My mushrooms are pretty stealthy about propogating. I usually don't know they have until the babies are as big around as erasers. You can also hack them up and "make" them propogate. Lots of people have problems with their mushrooms propogating too much. Time wise, it's hard to say. Each tank is different. Some people have them take off right away, others have to wait. I didn't notice any babies from mine until about 6 months after getting them.

freakaccident

Sounds like you got a good deal. Cut them up with scissors, net them to a small rock, and trade them back to the store for more goodies. Works great. You can also shove a rock under one edge and it might propagate too. I have a ricordia that hates having one side wedged up and it splits everytime. I usually stick the rock under it and wait a week then I turn the big rock sideways so that the little one is pulling down on the ric. The ric will split nice and evenly with the weight of the rock pulling on it. The last time I used a snail shell instead of a rock. I have a snail shell ric. I waited hoping a hermit would move into the shell. No luck and the ric was getting annoyed by snails knocking it over so I glued the shell to a rock. My only problem is that with the latest split the original did not grow back round. I am going to chop it up and make 4 more.

Archived