Cultivated Reef

90g fish suggestions

fishyz

I'm going to be setting up a 90 gallon FOWLR tank :D and I was wondering what fish you think I should put in the tank. I really want to do a tang, either regal, yellow, or kole? Would 2 work or is that pushing it? I've also really loved anthias and butterflies, any suggestions on those, or is my tank to small? I'd also love to do some clowns, maroon or clarki's.

i love anthias and think that a school, maybe like 7-9, would be sweet along with a tang or a angelfish. I would also maybe do some chromis's of some time.

Don't forget anthias require feeding several times a day. I feed mine 3 times occasionally 4 if i'm home all day. If you really like them and are able to feed several times a day go for it. They are great fish.

I'd probably do 1 tang, but a lot of people would say you could do 2.

If I did an anthias, I'd probably only do one. I was also thinking of doing a wrasse or 2, maybe a cleaner and a 6 line. I kind of want my tank to focus on 2 or 3 fish with some smaller ones. Would any type of butterfly work in a 90 gallon?

If I were in your position I'd try out a group of 3 Heniochus diphruetes (bannerfish) as the main focus.

I'd probably only do one if I did a Heniochus diphreutes.

I really want to do a couple types of wrasse in my tank, maybe a sixline and another. Any suggestions?

I'd probably only do one if I did a Heniochus diphreutes.

I really want to do a couple types of wrasse in my tank, maybe a sixline and another. Any suggestions?

[/quote

Put a pinstripe wrasse in there, they are amazing.... heres a pic of mine!!!!

a pair of larger clowns and an anemone for them would be very cool

I was thinking of doing and pair of maroon clowns, but I think they would be very territorial.

I'm still very undecided about which tang to get. Is there any recommendations?

For the tang in my tank, I've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities. Either a kole, yellow, or purple. Which one would you pick?

I would pic a small purple tang (3"-4") we use to have one, but it got a little aggresive with the foxface.... and the foxface got it with his possiness fins... but i think it would be a niceaddition to your tank...

Picasso Trigger. their so beautiful with loads of personality.

PLEASE GET ONE!!!.

You should so a Purple Tang and a Chevron Tang. Those two colors would light up the tank.

Picasso Trigger. their so beautiful with loads of personality.

PLEASE GET ONE!!!.

You should so a Purple Tang and a Chevron Tang. Those two colors would light up the tank.

I'd love to get 2 tangs, but its only a 90g and I don't want to over crowd the tank. A lot of people are saying that I should get a purple tang, but there is something about kole tangs that I love. I'd like to get another "larger" fish for the tank, any suggestions? Angels?

I'd love to get 2 tangs, but its only a 90g and I don't want to over crowd the tank. A lot of people are saying that I should get a purple tang, but there is something about kole tangs that I love. I'd like to get another "larger" fish for the tank, any suggestions? Angels?

Get a blue throat trigger... i love them.. here a wed site that you can read up on them.. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...tid=233&N=0

hollister_08
I was actually considering one, but I really want inverts, so i'm a little unsure. I'll have to read up more about them.

You might be o putting inverts in your tank, but you never know!!! it might just go after them, then it might not.... i know someone with one in there 230gal tank, it does great on there, she keeps a shrimp, and a BTA in there with it, and also a bunch of sps...

Post pictures of it when its all set up.

My tank won't be set up for awhile.......I still need to get a protein skimmer, and a bunch of other parts, and I still have to build a sump. I'm hoping late January I'll start getting live rock. I don't want to rush the process, but I'll forsure post pictures. I just want to figure out what fish to put in it. I'm certain that I want a tang (not sure what kind) and another larger fish. Any suggestions besides triggers :P ? (I might want to convert to reef later)

Archived