Top Shelf Aquatics

Coralife Aqualights...???

MountainM

Any one have any experience using these lights, are they any good? I was looking at getting a 2x65watt version in 24" to light a 10 or 15 gallon tank, think it would produce enough light? For an average tank.... Maybe some SPS... but I'm not entirely sure yet... if any sps is in there it will be the kind that needs the least light.

Thanks

I have the 2x 65 watt, but I'm still cycling my tank so I can't tell you how they work for corals yet. Sorry.

But, they do look nice, the fixture has a built in fan, and they're inexpensive ( a definate plus!)

I am looking at the same one for my 28 gal. I have been looking at them for some time but I wasn't sure if it would do the trick. I asked for ideas for lights and one person responded to get the same light. Now I am just saving a few dollars and going to get one. I am planing on softies and some sps as well. Sorry I can't be much more help than that.

Yeah Dick, they are a really good deal I thought tooo... I think I'm going to get it, did you guys just get the feet so it stands off the top of the tank a little ?? or using it in a canopy or something? Picture maybe of how it looks

I have a 2x65 version over my 20H...I didnt know you could get legs for those??? Beyong that, they seem to be of as good construction as my custom sealife 2x65w smartlight, but not as good as my hamiltons, then again the hamiltons are metal halide.

the only better deal I have seen are the JBJ lamps, but only the smaller models.

Yeah, I bought the plastic legs. They work well. They seem a little cheap, but for 5 bucks, you can't beat that! I think they look pretty good, too.

Nishant3789

yea i have the 20 inch one the 28 watt one. i really really like mine im very happy with it for 40 bux it beats the 32 watt CSL which is baseically the same thing but this beats it since its an actualy hood and it looks cool too i like the aluminum look to it. anyways great light id reccomend it to anyone. also for a ten gallont they also make 20 inch 96 watt quad hoods too. i think they are a lil over a hundred but hey thats pretty cool.

Archived