SaltCritters.com

Capet Anemone

iflytoohigh

I recently acquired 2 mini carpet anemonies. I wasn't sure about how aggressive they were as I have no experience with them what so ever. When I got them they were about 1/2" in diameter each. I've had them for about 4 weeks now and they have doubled in size. measure just over an 1" in diameter each. I was curious if anyone else had any as I have never seen them at a LFS or for sale online for that matter.

I will try and get some pics to show what i have. These little carpets are voracious eaters. I spot feed them cyclopeeze and they curl up around the tid-bits and are open again in minutes wanting more. The larger of the 2 is a roamer. it moves almost constantly and is in a different place almost every day. ( doesn't move far, maybe a quarter of an inch or so ) i'm worried about the growth rate being too fast and attacking my other corals.

does anyone have information on Mini Carpet Anemone?

You find that they will move around until they find a place they like. I have one its about 10" I actually feed him pieces of shrimp they love it. They will vary in size. Depending on how it feels. They are cool. When you have a chance take a look at it very well. You will find cool things about them.

Archived