SaltCritters.com

A few pics (Graphics Intense)

Sahin

Heres a few pics of my tank as it is currently.

First up is my tank pic. Not at all as good looking as it used to be. I got rid of many corals etc. Slowly making room for acro's and soon to have in-tank ref built.

Heres a pic taken today:

Tank.jpg

Here is my new Goby. I havent ID'd him so far, so if anyone knows, please let me know.

GGoby.jpg

Here's my cleaner shrimp:

Shrimp.jpg

Here's a TINY feather duster. My camera managed to get a good shot.

Misc.jpg

Heres a closeup pic of my pipe-organ coral. Now this was a TINY frag bought for £1. Now its getting huge.

Pipe.jpg

Heres my pretty Green Goby. Now he was very underfed when I got him from the LFS. Now he's doing pretty well. These are known to be quite fussy eaters, and said to only eat food when it literaly passed over thier face--well, mine has learnt to eat food floating on the surface-just like my clowns. Goby.jpg

Here is my maxima clam. I have had it almost a year now. I got this at a bargain price of £20 when I introduced a friend to my LFS. Its been growing nicely.

Clam.jpg

And finaly a small Acro frag. I bought this piece for £10. Its growing very nicely. It was a drab brown all over at the LFS. Its now got pink growing tips and the polpys are an awesome flourecent green (which doesnt show up well in the pic).

Acro.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics. I am sorry that the pics are too large for dial-up users.

I am planning to install T5 lights again, but this time I have found proper T5 tubes, made by Arcadia for Reef use, and am not going to use generic ones made for commercial lighting use, so that should be good. I also plan to install an intank ref. as well.

Very nice tank...

Are you keeping acroporas with succes under fluorescent tubes?

Where you purchase the acro frags? Here in spain there aren´t any shop shelling acro frags...

Many thanks

Hi there. I have kept the acro frag you see for more than 6 months. Not only has it survived, but it has GROWN as well. And its coloured up very nicely.

I am also keeping a flourecent green Hygnophora, which has doubled in size since I got it.

I live in the UK, and recently some LFS such as STM in Kent have started coral frag farming. This is great for both the natural reef environment and for us reefers. i bought that frag for £10. If it were a collected specimen it would have much more expensive.

Once I have the T5's installed with the Arcadia Tubes I will buy a few more acro frags.

Hi there. I am using a Fujifilm 6900z.

Its 3.24Megapixel (can also output 6Megapixel as wel).

Having a very good camera is only one part of taking good pics. You need a tripod as well. Make sure the glass is clean. Focus onto subject and if using a tripod, you wont get camera shakes-hence blurry pics. Dont use Digital zoom-the camera is interpolating the pixels, hence lower grade picture.

There are good articles/threads over at ReefCentrals Photography section. Read those and I am sure your pics will improve even using the same camera.

Nishant3789

sahin, whats hte soom on the camera? i have a 3 megapixel camera and a macro feature, but i cant seem to get good shots. i have yet to use a tripod but still they turn out very crappy. should i use the zoom when useing hte macro feature? thanks

nishant

as always, the pics are awesome. The tank is looking great. The acro is looking real good. I love watching them color up. I bought one frag that was all brown and has started turning bright purple with highlighter yellow polyps (new pics in the crakeur's member is one ...thread).

If only I could take macro shots as nice as yours (and post more than one pic at a time - man that would be nice)

Thanks peeps.

Nishant, hi dude. My camera has got 6xoptical zoom (35-210mm on 35mm equivalent). My camera can get as close as 10cm to the subject. Thats not that great considering even some of the new mid-range digital cameras can get as close as 2cm!

However having full manual control to set custom white balance, aperture size, shutter speed, metering, ISO level, flash control etc etc goes a long way.

Anyway, Crakeur, I agree, I too love the way the acropora has coloured up.

I am going to buy a few more frags next month. I will take good before and after pics.

Chris; I too just love the Green Goby.

They are a great addition to nano's.

Archived