Cultivated Reef

Heating

John Bloch

i too have a 50w because my room gets to 60 degrees. i still dont know if it will fit but i want to put it behind my ooverflow wall, but i have a feeling it wont fit. if not that then ill try to hide it behind the rocks.

I have a 25w in my AC keeping my 1.6 at a constant 78º

I just bought an "all glass" 50W submersible thats only like 7 inches long...

It fits right in the 30 gal "top fin" filter I was going to use for a fuge...

What kind of heater can you stick to the back glass? What model and brand?

i got a 50w heater and just stuck it ont he back glass. its not the prettiest thing ever but its better than freezing water.
What kind of heater can you stick to the back glass? What model and brand?

you can stick any heater on the back glass as long as they come with suction cups. but the 50w im using is a Hydro Theo heater.

non-photosynt

Also 50W short submersible heater, All-Glass brand. Worked well for a few months in less than 1g tank, bought the second for a 2.5 g. So far, so good. The only minor problems:

- it's too thick to fit in plastic heater protector, in case you will ever need one,

- temperature should be set not by degrees on a dialing scale, but by watching the real temperature on thermometer,

- it costs much more than a heater from Wal-Mart. :D

If you want quality and dependability get any kind of Stealth heater made by Marineland. I have a 25 watt heater in my 5.5 gallon set at 78 degrees on the knob and it never goes under that and only goes up a degree every once in a while. There also wrapped in black plastic so if you have your back painted it blends right in and it comes with 2 suction cups. A little on the pricey side I think I paid like $20 but definitely well worth the extra money.

Archived