Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Best 2.5?

C Jerome

Looks like you can't get the PH out to clean it. I guess you can just cut the cord when it seizes up and leave it in there as an artificial reef.

The rock on top of it is no problem to tip forward for access. The problem is the end of the feather duster is now well attached to the cord. I have PH's that have been running for years now without ever being cleaned, I'll just hope I get lucky with this one as well. Then again, I'm sure I could razor off the duster's sticky gunk from it in a matter of seconds if need be.

LiquiD are your rocks glued togehter? And what type of power head is that? When you get a chance can you e mail me some pictures of how you build the hood and base.

Thank you

C. Jerome

No, the rock is not glued. According to freakaccident, it's a Microjet and according to my pic, it's a mn150 40gph model (I'm not being sarcastic, I just really originally did not remember the manufacturer or model, I just grabbed it from the "box of old PH's" and tossed it in). I did not forget about the pics, you can get a feel for some of it from the above pic, it shows the 1/2" X 4" main pieces, the molding and the basic inside. I will send the pictures soon.

freakaccident

I stuffed mine behind the rocks last night. I understand what you mean about not flowing enough when back there. It's definitely better than before though. My xenia closed up once I turned it on so apparently the flow changed. Mine is a mini jet 404. It looks identical to the one you have. Maybe they changed the numbers on them at some point in time. Here is a link to where they can be purchased:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...d=6&pCatId=4605

Thanks for the link, i will check it out. All these great ideas/tips will sure make this setup great, I hope it looks as nice from the front as LiQuiD's, though that would be hard.

Hey CJerome,

I am in the early stages of planning a 2.5. Just wanted to share that the 25W Thermal Compact heater (6") fits nicely inside an AquaClear 200 (Next size up from the mini). The flow is also adjustable on the AC200. As others have pointed out, whether or not additional flow is necessary will depend a good deal on your aquascaping. Best of luck with your setup.

freakaccident

You can fit that or the Tronic 50w heater in the mini. Course the 200 gives you more water capacity I like the flow of the mini. The min line on the tronic is 3/4" out of the water in the Whisper mini but it works fine. I got that tip from someone on RC that has been using it like that for over a year with trouble.

OxInYourBox

Hey Jerome,

My 2.5G tank is leaking so I'm going to move up to a Galaxy 5 from Walmart (5Gallon Eclipse-Same company). If you haven't made your base and hood yet I'll sell you mine (made by glazer and they fit 2 bookworm lights perfectly-I'll probably use mine in the Galaxy 5 but if not I can include them in the deal). The front corners need some wood filler put in and then colored to match as they have seperated a bit. I can throw up some pictures for you later on. I'm in training all day and can't get back to my desk for awhile.

OxInYourBox

Post a picture when you get a chance or you can e mail me(CJM2@alfred.edu). I was going to build to minimize cost but maybe we can work some thing out.

thanks

C. Jerome

for my movement i use a whisper powerfilter5-15 gallons and i just picked this ph up called a repti flo 250 (its made by hagen) its suppose to be for reptile aquariums it works great so far cept no suction cups i just put it ontop of one if my rocks and it works great it has a buncha flow settings i havemine on lowest cuz of the powerfilter both of em together have the perfect flo in my tank good luck,Chris

I got a mini jet 404 I will be building the rock structure around it and put a tube on the end. The tube has holes drilled around it. This will blast water through the rock preventing most dead spots. I will probably put the flow on about medium

JJ

JJ

Can you post a picture of your rock work once you have it set with the PH inside. It would be great to see how it looks and works out.

Thank You

C. Jerome

Just looks like a tropical island to me, I love the tropics, i have lots of tropical pictures around my room(mostly to remind me that the rest of the world is not freezing cold like it is at school here in NY).

Archived